Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 21 Oct 2015, 00:29

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2015, 08:29 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

The last pixs of the 2014-2015 season, bagging up what's left for the NAFA pick up early Sat. morn. 21 more coon for the NAFA fur jail (who knows maybe things will loosen up by late June??), a few decent grinners, a marginal stinker, and 4 of the ditch found junker yotes. Only showing the best one in any detail (had the smallest hole to sew up, the least amount of rub across the shoulders), the others might (will) end up on the NAFA burn pile. But it was more of an experiment than anything else.

Now I have the summer to actually get ready and be ready come November...

Genesis 1:26

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2015, 08:33 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

P.S. A big shout out to WCS and his suggestion of a good borax rub for the last yoder. Maybe it was just the right temps along with the borax but that one dried the fastest for me. Sort of glad to have that dirty dog smell out of my work area in the garage, even after giving them a bath...

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2015, 08:52 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Those coon look nice and prime on the leather and fleshed perfectly. Can't tell from photos of the yote issues. They look good from what I can see. Glad the borax worked and I can relate about the stench of those flea bags. I hate yotes.

Live Free or Die

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2015, 09:11 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

Those pelts look good to me NonPC. I hope you get some good prices for them.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2015, 05:03 

You had a heck of a season PC. Best of luck with the last few pelts.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2015, 09:50 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Thanks tRick!! Yeah, I'd like to get some of those cooners cleared the next couple of auctions. We'll see...

Spring and summer always time to look forward to the next trapping season and learn from the past. I hope to target (and get!!) k-9s this coming year, along with the most likely coon, grinners, and stinkers. Might try to get to the northeast quadrant of the state for opening mrat season (seems its about the only place that has any numbers left) and score a long weekend. Now that the prices on rats are coming down, perhaps the competition wouldn't be as strong. At least opening weekend, everybody has a same shot going in on public land...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8