Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 21 Oct 2015, 00:10

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: When Coyotes Attack
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2015, 15:07 

This is what happens when the animal rights people succeed with their agenda.

http://my.xfinity.com/video/recent-coyo ... _sf_coyote

Post subject: Re: When Coyotes Attack
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2015, 19:51 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Lol! I dont know if id give animal rights orgs this much credit, but it sure is amusing to see how big city folks view and handle wild animals! Kansas City and the metropolitan area have had coyote issues for a number of years now with mostly pets being attacked but are instances where close human contact was made....There is no drought or famine for the canids here to deal with as is in CA, and both Kansas and Missouri have liberal coyote regulations surrounding harvest with hunting and trapping....yet they still present a problem in the cities. Skunk, coon, possum, and fox are all very very numerous and problematic in KC metro too. Even had a mountain lion once in KC Missouri! Lol! They need dealt with for certain, but there are other influences that are causing the probs and not just under harvest State wide, as Ks and Mo are proof of that by taking large harvest. I hate special interest groups as much as anyone so dont get me wrong. Just making conversation and bringing out some points. Great post T-rick. I was amused and entertained!

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2015, 16:27 
Trapper
Trapper

I find it kind of ammusing also. City people tend to think wild animals in town are cute until it causes them some sort of problem. I'm sure like most big cities, Fargo, ND has a archery season in certain parts of the city for deer in the fall. Lately their big complaint has been to many turkeys in town. A few weeks ago they were complaining that beavers are taking down to many trees along the Red River by the parks making it not look so nice. But the people want them trapped, relocated and unharmed. In other words...........giving someone else there problems. So now the land owner by the pond will now have their trees cut or the township will have more blocked culverts because of relocating. BUT DON'T HURT THE BEAVERS! My guess is this California urban area has laws prohibiting the trapping of coyotes outside of city limits. Shaking my head............... :shock:

Muskrats -
Mink -
Otter -
Bobcats -
Fisher -
Beaver -

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2015, 21:33 

trapperrick wrote:
This is what happens when the animal rights people succeed with their agenda.

http://my.xfinity.com/video/recent-coyo ... _sf_coyote

looks good on the state which movies stars and people can live in harmony with the wild animals. If this happens a few more times I'm sure they will all be screaming for some change and protection. I do get a smile on my face when I read things like this. When will city people and politicians ever learn. Not ever till it turns and bites them in the hinny.