Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 20 Oct 2015, 18:32

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
PostPosted: 03 Aug 2015, 20:24 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

I think I'll call it wheels n deals :roll:

Sold a set of spring tooth harrows today for $75. Hardly had any interest in them, almost ended up selling for $30, but found another buyer :wink: Also, have someone who wants to buy both my cultivators for $60, just gotta drop them off sometime on my way to work. Doing any wheeling and dealing out your way?

Squirrel-6
Coon-4
Muskrat-8 (1 eaten)
Mink-1 (ranched)

Check out my youtube channel? I'm retroslickbass. I have some videos of me playin piano and bass in church!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/retroslickb ... rid&view=0 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul. Mark 8:36

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2015, 07:02 
POST-JACKING AND PIXEL SIZE CZAR (P.J.A.P.S.C.)

longhairboy wrote:
Doing any wheeling and dealing out your way?

Moi? :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2015, 12:26 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

trappintime wrote:
longhairboy wrote:
Doing any wheeling and dealing out your way?

Moi? :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Who else? :lol:
I sold my cultivators today. Got $60 each, and I sold them after I went to the scrap yard and sold $145 worth of steel. All in all, I had a good day, and that was just what I did up until noon :roll:

Squirrel-6
Coon-4
Muskrat-8 (1 eaten)
Mink-1 (ranched)

Check out my youtube channel? I'm retroslickbass. I have some videos of me playin piano and bass in church!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/retroslickb ... rid&view=0 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul. Mark 8:36

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2015, 18:33 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

I sold another piece of farm machinery today TT. Old Massey Ferguson Side mount hay rake. Only downside was, it was so junky the only buyer for it was the scrap yard :roll: Thing thing was all rotted out and was good for nothing. Well, almost nothing, it was still good for 75/ton :lol:

Squirrel-6
Coon-4
Muskrat-8 (1 eaten)
Mink-1 (ranched)

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2015, 21:07 

How much did it weigh? I'm looking for one. :roll:

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2015, 17:15 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Not really sure, as I had a bunch of other steel in the trailer with it. Plus, I don't think all the pieces were even there.

On another note, you should go out to a scrap yard some time, and see if you can just look through their steel pile, and buy some stuff from it. We bought a bunch of chain one time we were there. Some of it was so new, it had no rust on it at all

Squirrel-6
Coon-4
Muskrat-8 (1 eaten)
Mink-1 (ranched)

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2015, 22:32 

longhairboy wrote:
Not really sure, as I had a bunch of other steel in the trailer with it. Plus, I don't think all the pieces were even there.

On another note, you should go out to a scrap yard some time, and see if you can just look through their steel pile, and buy some stuff from it. We bought a bunch of chain one time we were there. Some of it was so new, it had no rust on it at all

My father bought a lot of iron/steel from a scrap yard. He loved steel and I like wood. Me welding capabilities rival my ballroom dancing performances. :lol:

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2015, 18:20 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

trappintime wrote:
longhairboy wrote:

My father bought a lot of iron/steel from a scrap yard. He loved steel and I like wood. Me welding capabilities rival my ballroom dancing performances. :lol:

Theres lots more than just stuff for welding :p they're usually a good bit of machinery and stuff like that out in the piles.

Squirrel-6
Coon-4
Muskrat-8 (1 eaten)
Mink-1 (ranched)

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2015, 21:44 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

trappintime- Good thing you don't scrap because you'd be almost crying what steel is going for nowadays. I took in a load (mind you that I scrap out of a 4-door sedan so I can't carry much for weight or handle bigger pieces) of light steel, they call it "tin" around here and got a penny a pound. That's about a 83% decline in 14 months. I'm about done playing with any steel now.

My copper is going into 5 gallon buckets to await "another day" although it hasn't dropped as bad as steel, I hate letting it go at the current price. It might buy gas come trapping season so I can lose money another way :--? At least trapping is more fun although I do enjoy tearing thins apart. Creative destruction :wink:

Genesis 1:26

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2015, 22:15 

NonPCfed wrote:
It might buy gas come trapping season so I can lose money another way :--?

PC if I had my pants on they'd be wet. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2015, 17:34 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

I was taking a little bit of random stuff in about a week ago. Had a cart with just a little tin on the scale. Some random guy walks in asked the worker if he could add some to my pile. Guy said sure. So
he adds about 100 pounds of tin to the cart. That works for me lol

Beaver--2
Muskrat-0
Squirrel-6
Fox------2
Coon----1

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2015, 19:33 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

I left the scrap yard with close to $300 yesterday, even after the yard ripped me off for 30 pounds of #2 insulated (I don't even want to talk about it yet) Shred was down to 30/ton, but the yard is clean (almost)

Squirrel-6
Coon-4
Muskrat-8 (1 eaten)
Mink-1 (ranched)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12