Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 20 Oct 2015, 21:09

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2011, 09:51 
Trapper
Trapper

I need some help, my neighbor lost 5 chicken last weekend to foxes, 1 was seen in broad daylight chasing a chicken through the middle of the yard where several people were having a barbecue!! We have tried dirthole sets around the pen all week with no catches, what should we do :?:

PostPosted: 08 May 2011, 20:16 
Trapper
Trapper

Is there a fence around the coup? If so find where they are entering and hang a snare. If not put a temporary fence up. Might ever try a urine post set. Try moving your sets away from the coup abit...say along the property line or even your property if you have seen tracks around.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2011, 19:04 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

The foxes have a taste for chicken and it will be kinda hard to steer them from it just went through the same situation last week and my wife figured it out of all people :shock: try a live cage with a jar of apple butter jam for bait bed the bottom of the cage with grasss or something tried for these foxes for two weeks wife went up with cage traps and jambecause she red in her trappers pamplet that foxes have a sweet tooth and like berries in the spring she cought the male the firstnight and the female the next goodluck

pepe lepue 3
greys 8
reds
coys3
Johnny sneekum hopefully
beaver 9
bobcat 7
otter 2

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2011, 19:04 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

The foxes have a taste for chicken and it will be kinda hard to steer them from it just went through the same situation last week and my wife figured it out of all people :shock: try a live cage with a jar of apple butter jam for bait bed the bottom of the cage with grasss or something tried for these foxes for two weeks wife went up with cage traps and jambecause she red in her trappers pamplet that foxes have a sweet tooth and like berries in the spring she cought the male the firstnight and the female the next goodluck

pepe lepue 3
greys 8
reds
coys3
Johnny sneekum hopefully
beaver 9
bobcat 7
otter 2

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2013, 13:37 
Forum not-so-Newbie
Forum not-so-Newbie

peace keeper wrote:

EXCELLENT RESULT IN CATCHING THE 2 FOXES. MANY YEARS AGO WE PICK UP 59 PHEASANT POULTS TO A SINGLE FOX. MORE DOWN INTO THE WOOD WE LOCATED A LIVE BADGER IN SNARE. THAT DARK COLD WINTERS NIGHT WE WENT LOOKING FOR THE VARMINT! I SHOT ABOUT 7 RABBTS THAT EVENING BUT DIDN'T GET THE FOX......