Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 21 Oct 2015, 00:36

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 27 May 2015, 20:15 
Trapper
Trapper

Received some hides today I shipped to Moye's for tanning. They do a great job, even the nutria I sent turn out great. Got back a black coyote, couple muskrats, 3 otter, my champion mississippi delta possum, and a couple nutria. Black coyote is not mine, its from mississippi, friend killed it deer hunting and I put it up for him.

This is my collection so far, which is definitely gonna get bigger with fur prices as low as they are.

Can you tell which otter are from Mississippi?

Coyotes

Several years ago I sent some coyotes to Moye's, and one of my east texas no fur just hair dogs got destroyed, they sent me a replacement with an apology but I was thrilled. The replacement they sent me was from up north someswhere cause and it actually had fur!
Anyway, tired of rain, too wet to do anything outside so thought I would share some pics and my reccomendation of Moye's if you have some fur to tan.

PostPosted: 28 May 2015, 12:39 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Some terrific looking finished product you got there. Interesting that they sent you a replacement yore, as most businesses these days would rather blame you for some obscure reason. Good business sense. Congrats.

The two light otters are from Mississippi I guess?

Live Free or Die

PostPosted: 28 May 2015, 15:21 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

Good looking hides !!

"Take ye heed,watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

PostPosted: 28 May 2015, 17:59 
Trapper
Trapper

WCS your right about the light color otter being from Mississippi. They were good size otter too. I always take a week vacation and trap with my brother in MS. Its a two hundred dollar out of state fee, plus gas, plus eats, plus, plus , etc. But the big pale otter used to get us 125 bucks green, we would usually catch at least ten or so in a week trapping beaver ponds on hunting clubs and basically pay our expenses with the otter. its hard to beat a vacation that pays for itself. Last ones I sold were at NAFA (2013) and averaged 85.00, which is good but its really easy to get spoiled.

PostPosted: 28 May 2015, 23:14 

Nice bunch of tanned fur. What a variance in colour on your otter. From one extreme to the other. The thing on otter is we never know what the buyers are looking for. Some years the dark are in demand and other years the pale. Oh to have the good ole days back when otter were averaging $160.00. I know how you feel.

PostPosted: 29 May 2015, 03:56 

Tanned pelts are always a great way to show off your catches. Those are some great looking hides.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2015, 18:04 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

That is an impressive collection of tanned furs Saratoga. I am waiting for the ones I sent off to return.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2015, 12:01 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Love the fur its very nice.

If something dont give on the prices soon I will be doing the same thing, either to sell, or use one way or another.