Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 20 Oct 2015, 18:57

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2015, 21:10 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Woodswalker- How'd you ever make out scrapping those trailers?? Still working on them??

Genesis 1:26

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2015, 21:34 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

tt and ww- You'd probably enjoy this link from SMF :)

http://www.scrapmetalforum.com/scrap-me ... post242992

And maybe this one as well. I've met this guy. Interesting dude. I wonder how P76 and trappingtime would get along :mrgreen:

http://www.scrapmetalforum.com/day-life ... eweed.html

Genesis 1:26

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2015, 21:59 
POST-JACKING AND PIXEL SIZE CZAR (P.J.A.P.S.C.)

I'd get along until I didn't. :roll:
I like the idea of being your own boss but them guys work for peanuts I'm thinking. We had a fellow come out to this area two years ago who cleaned up old yards and old machinery with a trackhoe that had snippers and magnets. Man did I hate that dude.

PostPosted: 25 May 2015, 20:46 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Well I've gotten a couple more manure spreaders, a baler, some plows, haybine, sickle mower, motorbike, Mowers, tillers, lots of stuff to keep TT occupied for a year or more!

Squirrel-6
Coon-4
Muskrat-8 (1 eaten)
Mink-1 (ranched)

Check out my youtube channel? I'm retroslickbass. I have some videos of me playin piano and bass in church!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/retroslickb ... rid&view=0 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul. Mark 8:36

PostPosted: 25 May 2015, 21:09 

Pics you young whipper snapper. :evil: I've sold most all that stuff for more than scrap. :shock: Don't forget that folks who are poor like me want parts. :wink: What does copper sell for?

PostPosted: 26 May 2015, 11:38 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

I'd post pictures except the site never lets me, always says my images are too wide.

Copper is ~$2/lb give or take depending where you are.

Squirrel-6
Coon-4
Muskrat-8 (1 eaten)
Mink-1 (ranched)

Check out my youtube channel? I'm retroslickbass. I have some videos of me playin piano and bass in church!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/retroslickb ... rid&view=0 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul. Mark 8:36

PostPosted: 26 May 2015, 15:23 

Thanks. Put your pics on a diet. :roll:

PostPosted: 26 May 2015, 18:40 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

http://s1221.photobucket.com/user/steev ... t=3&page=1
Here theres a few things on there. I'm going to get more pictures tomorrow, I'll hopefully fill up the trailer again with smaller stuff. The baler is a massey ferguson model 9, buts its torn apart, and is only for parts now. The Ski-Boose in the pictures is pretty much sold I think, a fellow is coming Thursday, for $50

Squirrel-6
Coon-4
Muskrat-8 (1 eaten)
Mink-1 (ranched)

PostPosted: 26 May 2015, 18:49 

Hated Massey balers so won't feel bad about it getting scrapped. The $50 for the sled seems cheap to me but if you got it for free then it's a grand price. If'n you were closer I'd buy that blade. Thanks for showing your stuff. Had to chuckle when I saw the NAFA bag cause it reminded me of yesterday, I was getting gas in town when the local municipal cop pulled up to talk about coyotes. He got $193 for one on the last sale and averaged $134 on 14. Then I went to the serve where the young bucks asked, "What'd you do?".LOL

PostPosted: 26 May 2015, 20:05 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

The sled isn't all there. Its missing the piece to attach to the snowmobile, and the handle is only held on one one half. And the paint was chipping inside it. I think the local guys know you well :)

Squirrel-6
Coon-4
Muskrat-8 (1 eaten)
Mink-1 (ranched)

PostPosted: 27 May 2015, 09:18 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

I backed out of doing those trailers. I went inside and they were so packed full of junk I didn't want to touch them.

Beaver--2
Muskrat-0
Squirrel-6
Fox------2
Coon----1

PostPosted: 27 May 2015, 10:02 

Woodswalker wrote:
I backed out of doing those trailers. I went inside and they were so packed full of junk I didn't want to touch them.

Probably a good idea unless someone diguised their stash of gold bullion as junk. :lol:

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2015, 19:35 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

TT, now you won't have to cry about this old farm machinery going for scrap. A fella is coming to look at it next week and is fairly interested in some of it.

I'm making my first solo trip to the yard Saturday, so that should be an experience! :roll:

Squirrel-6
Coon-4
Muskrat-8 (1 eaten)
Mink-1 (ranched)

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2015, 23:30 

longhairboy wrote:
TT, now you won't have to cry about this old farm machinery going for scrap. A fella is coming to look at it next week and is fairly interested in some of it.

I'm making my first solo trip to the yard Saturday, so that should be an experience! :roll:

I'm happy for the farm machinery. :D Don't forget to start high as you can always go lower. :wink:
You'll do fine on your own without and old fella to slow ya down. :lol:

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2015, 13:50 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

I was at the scrap yard a while this morning, as I managed to get there as an 18 wheeler was unloading all its scrap, so I had to get weighed in between them unloading and weighing their pallets. Ended up with:
11 lb Copper $2.60/lb $28.60
4 lb #2 Insulated (All my ribbon wire) $0.75/lb $3
108 lb Old Aluminum $0.52/lb $56.16
7 lb Starters $0.20/lb $1.40 Had this in my irony aluminum and the worker dug it out and paid me more for it.
65 lb Irony Aluminum $0.12/lb $7.80
75 lb Cast aluminum $0.55/lb $41.25

With rounding I got $138, plus took in some cans and bottles today for $13.45

Squirrel-6
Coon-4
Muskrat-8 (1 eaten)
Mink-1 (ranched)

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2015, 20:08 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

How much should I ask for this TT? I think it may be missing a blade.
http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd4 ... wpvtlm.jpg
Is this worth anything?
http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd4 ... ixbdab.jpg

Squirrel-6
Coon-4
Muskrat-8 (1 eaten)
Mink-1 (ranched)

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2015, 21:10 

LHB, the first pic is a scuffler[cultivator] designed to be pulled by one horse in a row crop type setting. I've seen them sell for $10 and have sold them for $200+. The second is a wheel from a hay rake, it is missing all the teeth that gathered the hay. I have never seen one sell and have only sold whole machines. To someone citijit it may bring $50 as a cool piece.
Now I'm gonna tell you one of my theory's. A lot of people think when an item is priced cheap that it isn't good enough. They will pay big money just to feel they have got something good. You'd be amazed at how many times I've sold cheap stuff for hundreds and a couple times, thousands of dollars. It's a mind set I can't explain but I can sure exploit it. :D I was at a gun/antique show in Saskatoon a bunch of years back and a fellow had his wares set up right at the door, he had an old corner cupboard made of apple box's with a price tag of $250. That piece sat there Friday and Saturday. I talked to him Sunday morning and suggested he put a 1 in front of the 2 and he did. The piece sold by 11am for $1,100. For no other reason than the dressed to the 9's wench who bought wanted to tell her conies how much she spent.

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2015, 10:33 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

I think I'll throw it on for $100 and take what I can get. I was thinking about spray painting it so it looks a little better, and try to sell it as a lawn ornament. It takes all kinds to make the world go round :roll: someone would have to want it lol.
hmmm maybe I should do that with some of my junk

Squirrel-6
Coon-4
Muskrat-8 (1 eaten)
Mink-1 (ranched)

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2015, 12:28 

To keep me from painting them, I tell folks I ain't painted it cause it's such a personal thing that I leave it for the person buying to personalize it. :lol:

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2015, 17:56 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

I just sold the old hay rake wheel for $30, without doing a thing with it :lol: Only thing I've sold in a while

Squirrel-6
Coon-4
Muskrat-8 (1 eaten)
Mink-1 (ranched)

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2015, 00:53 

Right flipping on. You are gonna be as famous as any dealer/wheeler. :shock:

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2015, 14:39 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Got a bin for my shred on Thursday, pretty much finished filling it today
http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd476/steeves14/20150711_152016_zpsylajdvpc.jpg
Heres how the yard looked before I loaded the steel
Heres a pic just for TT
I think I have someone interested in buying the spreader, and my cultivators. (I got another one)

Squirrel-6
Coon-4
Muskrat-8 (1 eaten)
Mink-1 (ranched)

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2015, 23:33 

Let me know how the manure spreader does. Them wheels on that unit in the bucket will sell as well. :lol: Had a guy drive 5 hours to pay me $300 for a hydro scoop today. I picked it up free and have another I like better that cost the same. Seems to me there is a buyer for everything, finding them is the trick. :wink:

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2015, 20:02 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Sold the old haybine for $80 a week ago, and took a load of junk in to the yard Saturday for $105 and change. I had 14 different categories on my slip to add up to that :roll:
Got a guy coming tomorrow to take a look at a set of spring tooth harrows too. He wants them for his horse rings, he said he finds its good for grading them.

Squirrel-6
Coon-4
Muskrat-8 (1 eaten)
Mink-1 (ranched)

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2015, 20:42 

There you go. Man they'll never hold you back. What's the name of your company gonna be? LHBJ :D I want shares in the company when you go public. :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next