Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 17 Dec 2017, 18:34

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2014, 20:51 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Set 5 650's and 3 DP's and this morning had our first cat and first coon of the year

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2014, 20:56 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

That's a pretty cat wannab! Very fine job on a first check. Congrats on the catches and thanks for the pics. 8)

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2014, 21:08 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Wannab....nice job and great catches! Great looking cat. Was it a female?

Wannab- Im sending you a pm.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2014, 21:29 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Congrats Wannabe, You guys got some great looking cats.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2014, 22:36 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Great job wannabe, fine looking Texas kitty. Leave a few for Swamp as he is busy catching some flat tails and fox at the moment. Have you set up for yote yet?

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2014, 23:25 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

Way to go wannab! I knew all those new traps you were buying up in Arkansas would work well for you. Thanks for the pictures and that is a good looking cat.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2014, 12:51 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

way to go wannabe nothing like starting out the first check with a kitty

pepe lepue 3
greys 8
reds
coys3
Johnny sneekum hopefully
beaver 9
bobcat 7
otter 2

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2014, 16:31 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Not as much luck today. Shannon caught a coon that was dead when we got there, I think it was an EMO coon, It was kind of a strange thing, and I caught a dang opossum.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2014, 17:32 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

Nice cat wannab !!

"Take ye heed,watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2014, 20:46 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Checked our line today and had our first coyote of the season and a coon and Shannon caught her first bobcat on her traps that she set all by herself :--D

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2014, 21:31 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Hahaha!!!!! That is just too dang sweet! 2 cats in three days! Congrats to Shannon! Nothing like that first one all on our own. Great job stackin up the fur you guys!

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2014, 22:09 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

Way to go wannab and Shannon! In one of Amak's other post I learned why we trappers here in TX are able to catch bobcats....no skill involved, just high density of bobcats. :roll: :lol: I am giving both of you credit for being good trappers. :wink:

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2014, 22:27 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

I had to rethink how to word this without getting things set up for others to take advantage of but I think her cat was nicer than yours :) (don't think I need one of these :oops: with that sentence...). And you little coon was a cutie :) Congrats all the way around.

Genesis 1:26

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2014, 22:30 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

congrats to both of you !!

"Take ye heed,watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2014, 22:34 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Swamp Rat wrote:
Way to go wannab and Shannon! In one of Amak's other post I learned why we trappers here in TX are able to catch bobcats....no skill involved, just high density of bobcats. :roll: :lol: I am giving both of you credit for being good trappers. :wink:

Swap, I think I'm going to have to go with "no skill" Just put a trap in the ground, rub some stinking crap on a stob, and wala, you got a cat.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2014, 22:43 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

NonPCfed wrote:
I had to rethink how to word this without getting things set up for others to take advantage of but I think her cat was nicer than yours :) (don't think I need one of these :oops: with that sentence...). And you little coon was a cutie :) Congrats all the way around.

PC, I better leave this one alone. I do know a good "kitty" when I see one. :--D

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2014, 22:51 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

wannab wrote:
NonPCfed wrote:

PC, I better leave this one alone. I do know a good "kitty" when I see one. :--D

:shock: :--o :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2014, 23:31 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Way to go you two, that is just awesome!! Keep on stackin that fur. 8)

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2014, 05:42 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

wannab wrote:
Swamp Rat wrote:

Swap, I think I'm going to have to go with "no skill" Just put a trap in the ground, rub some stinking crap on a stob, and wala, you got a cat.

Now you two, that is NOT what I meant or said at ALL...... I said ALL OTHER THINGS BEING EQUAL. You still need skills to do it and do it consistently. As far as Tx having some of the highest bobcat densities, its true.....check into it if you think im wrong. Tx and CA both are known to be that way. Like I said, that doesnt mean a trapper dont need skills. You would think you guys from Tx have a complex or something. Sheesh. :roll:

Swamp I dont understand why you felt compelled to bring this up on wannab's thread. Why not post your complaint on the thread it originated from, or send me a pm about it? Maybe a little more communication there would have kept confusion down over this. There is more in my defense, but i wont go into it on this thread.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2014, 06:55 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

Amak wrote:
wannab wrote:
Swamp Rat wrote:

Now you two, that is NOT what I meant or said at ALL...... I said ALL OTHER THINGS BEING EQUAL. You still need skills to do it and do it consistently. As far as Tx having some of the highest bobcat densities, its true.....check into it if you think im wrong. Tx and CA both are known to be that way. Like I said, that doesnt mean a trapper dont need skills. You would think you guys from Tx have a complex or something. Sheesh. :roll:

Swamp I dont understand why you felt compelled to bring this up on wannab's thread. Why not post your complaint on the thread it originated from, or send me a pm about it? Maybe a little more communication there would have kept confusion down over this. There is more in my defense, but i wont go into it on this thread.

Amak, it was all in fun. Wannab and I would guess the rest of us would not have read it as a "complaint", merely a pun.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2014, 07:43 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Swamp Rat wrote:
Amak wrote:
wannab wrote:
Swamp Rat wrote:

Amak, it was all in fun. Wannab and I would guess the rest of us would not have read it as a "complaint", merely a pun.

Of course it was

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2014, 17:34 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Great catch you guys and congrats to the little lady on her first cat. Looking forward to some more great catches.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2014, 17:55 
THE GRINNER WHISPERER
THE GRINNER WHISPERER

Dang that is some awesome trappin! I say you need to change your handle "wannabe" :wink:
Congrats to you and Shannon and I hope to see more success pics.

The second amendment is in place in case the others are ignored.

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2014, 14:24 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Way to go you two and tell Shannon congrats on the kitty definitely well deserved

pepe lepue 3
greys 8
reds
coys3
Johnny sneekum hopefully
beaver 9
bobcat 7
otter 2

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2014, 16:56 

Awesome catches! I would love to see more.