Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 24 Oct 2017, 06:27

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2008, 21:16 
to make a long story short, the taxidermist that was renting our rental property has moved out and left me some dandy little items

for some reason he left a bunch of body mount molds, i have 5 for squirrel(3 flat against tree, 2 sitting), 1 for a coyote, 1 for a large type of fish, and 1 small shark

i wish i had a camera to take pictures of the molds, they are fiberglass molds that you fill with foam to create the animal body

if anyone would like a mount please let me know, i would be more than happy to make and ship one for very inexpensive

Post subject: how much
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2008, 19:06 
what you want for the squirrel forms? e-mail me at ricky@hemphillcreekbeagles.com :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2008, 22:33 
you want the finished foam form or the entire mold?

im not sure how much cuz im not sure how much they sell for, shoot me an offer and ill work with you

oh and also which form? i have 3 flat against a tree, two looking left and one looking right(i think, could be the other way around) and i have two sitting up, some are larger and smaller so let me know which one you want and how big and i believe we can work something out

Post subject: not a clue
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2008, 23:06 
I dont have a clue on what they sell for are where you get em.I was just wondering what you want for them.Not sure i would get em after knowing the price.Just gave a little thought to having em in my retirement days ahead. best regards ricky :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2008, 23:07 
CANADIAN SASQUATCH
CANADIAN SASQUATCH

If you'll tell me how much you sell that one for gonefishin, I may look into getting one myself. I've always wanted to get into taxidermy. My uncle is real big into it and does it as a second job. It pays for him to go out west a couple times a year and to Canada or Alaska another time a year. I need something to practice on and I have a squirrel in the basement to practice on.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God. -Matthew 5:9

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2008, 22:11 
well fellas, im sitting here with the McKenzie taxidermy supply catalog that i also found in our rental property

their prices on foam squirrel forms range from 17 to 20 dollars plus shipping

so how does 10 plus shipping sound?

now to make sure were all on the same page, we are refereing to the foam forms onto which you stretch the hide to mount the animal

if you are intereseted in buying the mold to make the form, were on a different page and need to re calculate

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2008, 11:20 
CANADIAN SASQUATCH
CANADIAN SASQUATCH

I'll take one. It may not be until friday before I can get you the cash though. I get paid and don't have money at the moment. How do you want to be paid? Send you a check or do you have paypal?

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God. -Matthew 5:9

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2008, 15:50 
thats no problem, i dont have paypal so check or money order will be fine, on a personal check i would like to wait untill it clears before i ship out the form.

also, which form and what size would you like, i have flat against a tree in small and large, as well as sitting up, small and large, the flat against a tree has the option of head left, or head right, so please specify

and to be absolutely positive, this is for the foam form, and not the mold used to make it

if someone would like to purchase the molds, i reckon they could be for sale