Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 25 Nov 2017, 00:40

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Same spot as last year
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2013, 21:02 
Trapper
Trapper

I have not been on this sight in a while. I thought I was not going to trap this season even though I acquired about 24 new traps. MB 550's and 18 new MB 450's. I hiked the area I trapped last year and was surprised to see a lot of Fox and Coyote tracks more than last year, even came across some Bobcat tracks after the dusting of snow we received that last night. I was encouraged as in Nevada we have a 96 hr check. I was able to work out my work time so I can do a trap check every 96 hours. If I take a half day off I will only use up two days a month since I work four tens and have a three day weekend. The area I will be trapping has no access points and must be walked. The great thing is that I did not see any boot prints in the area no evidence that anyone had been in the area. The wild Horses in the area have trails leading down from the rimrocks and there were a lot of fox and coyote tracks in the snow.
I have not used the MB 450's yet but I do like those traps ..............don't know why they would not work for coyotes or bobcats pan seems to be large other than the jaw spread but if a coyote or cat puts his foot on the pan Im sure they will work great. The best thing I found out about them is that since I have to back pack my stuff into the area I can carry a lot more traps

Anyone use MB 450's for Coyotes or Bobcats