Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 18 Nov 2017, 18:23

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Coyote Sets
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2012, 18:45 
Trapper
Trapper

Im in the process of learning to trap coyotes..................thus far I have managed to trap one Kit Fox, that I was not able to let go.....................
Most all of my sets are in and around Sage Brush. The only set that was worked was in an open area that I was able to put a stake down. All of my other sets were close to sage inorder to hoop my drag into the bush.
I feel that Coyotes need to be in open areas where there might not be any brush withing 30 feet or so....................

For those of you who do or have trapped coyotes ,,,,,,,,,,,,do you connect with sets that are pretty much in the open or have you trapped coyotes in close quarters with brush.

Rimrock

Post subject: Re: Coyote Sets
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2013, 16:54 
Trapper
Trapper

My experience is coyotes hunt the open, and also during dispersal' are more so in the open during early to late fall. But coming into the colder winter starting in mid december and on the're right in the thick along with the prey they're hunting. They'll follow and stay where the prey goes during the season changes.

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2013, 02:55 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

If you are having trouble getting a stake in try an earth anchor work well in hard or rocky ground, a dirt hole my man along a farm field or any drainage also have used a hay set drop in 2 traps cover with some grass and slap so K9 call lure in the middle, all a coyote is is a theft man use lure and uren scent post work good to, message me if you have any more questions

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2013, 07:36 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

Dirthole wrote:
If you are having trouble getting a stake in try an earth anchor work well in hard or rocky ground, a dirt hole my man along a farm field or any drainage also have used a hay set drop in 2 traps cover with some grass and slap so K9 call lure in the middle, all a coyote is is a theft man use lure and uren scent post work good to, message me if you have any more questions

I am not sure rimrock is still visiting our site:

Last visited: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:45 pm

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2013, 20:47 
Trapper
Trapper

Swamp Rat wrote:
Dirthole wrote:

I drift around a lot..........................but im back on

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2013, 20:49 
Trapper
Trapper

Rimrock Hunter wrote:
Swamp Rat wrote:
Dirthole wrote:

I drift around a lot..........................but im back on

I waked over the area I trapped last year seem to be a lot more tracks than last year .........Even found some Bobcat tracks. The issue with this area is that it requires a lot of walking.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2013, 21:31 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Have you caught any coyotes yet?