Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 18 Nov 2017, 18:23

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Coyote Sets
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2012, 18:45 
Offline
Trapper
Trapper

Joined: 07 Dec 2012, 10:31
Posts: 30
Location: Austin Nevada
Im in the process of learning to trap coyotes..................thus far I have managed to trap one Kit Fox, that I was not able to let go.....................
Most all of my sets are in and around Sage Brush. The only set that was worked was in an open area that I was able to put a stake down. All of my other sets were close to sage inorder to hoop my drag into the bush.
I feel that Coyotes need to be in open areas where there might not be any brush withing 30 feet or so....................

For those of you who do or have trapped coyotes ,,,,,,,,,,,,do you connect with sets that are pretty much in the open or have you trapped coyotes in close quarters with brush.

Rimrock


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coyote Sets
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2013, 16:54 
Offline
Trapper
Trapper

Joined: 09 Feb 2013, 22:48
Posts: 22
My experience is coyotes hunt the open, and also during dispersal' are more so in the open during early to late fall. But coming into the colder winter starting in mid december and on the're right in the thick along with the prey they're hunting. They'll follow and stay where the prey goes during the season changes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coyote Sets
PostPosted: 03 Aug 2013, 02:55 
Offline
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Joined: 28 Jul 2013, 05:39
Posts: 9
If you are having trouble getting a stake in try an earth anchor work well in hard or rocky ground, a dirt hole my man along a farm field or any drainage also have used a hay set drop in 2 traps cover with some grass and slap so K9 call lure in the middle, all a coyote is is a theft man use lure and uren scent post work good to, message me if you have any more questions


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coyote Sets
PostPosted: 03 Aug 2013, 07:36 
Offline
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS
User avatar

Joined: 03 Feb 2008, 12:18
Posts: 16404
Location: Lufkin, TX
Dirthole wrote:
If you are having trouble getting a stake in try an earth anchor work well in hard or rocky ground, a dirt hole my man along a farm field or any drainage also have used a hay set drop in 2 traps cover with some grass and slap so K9 call lure in the middle, all a coyote is is a theft man use lure and uren scent post work good to, message me if you have any more questions


I am not sure rimrock is still visiting our site:

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:31 am
Last visited: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:45 pm

_________________
Actions Speak Louder Than Words


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coyote Sets
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2013, 20:47 
Offline
Trapper
Trapper

Joined: 07 Dec 2012, 10:31
Posts: 30
Location: Austin Nevada
Swamp Rat wrote:
Dirthole wrote:
If you are having trouble getting a stake in try an earth anchor work well in hard or rocky ground, a dirt hole my man along a farm field or any drainage also have used a hay set drop in 2 traps cover with some grass and slap so K9 call lure in the middle, all a coyote is is a theft man use lure and uren scent post work good to, message me if you have any more questions


I am not sure rimrock is still visiting our site:

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:31 am
Last visited: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:45 pm



I drift around a lot..........................but im back on


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coyote Sets
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2013, 20:49 
Offline
Trapper
Trapper

Joined: 07 Dec 2012, 10:31
Posts: 30
Location: Austin Nevada
Rimrock Hunter wrote:
Swamp Rat wrote:
Dirthole wrote:
If you are having trouble getting a stake in try an earth anchor work well in hard or rocky ground, a dirt hole my man along a farm field or any drainage also have used a hay set drop in 2 traps cover with some grass and slap so K9 call lure in the middle, all a coyote is is a theft man use lure and uren scent post work good to, message me if you have any more questions


I am not sure rimrock is still visiting our site:

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:31 am
Last visited: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:45 pm



I drift around a lot..........................but im back on


I waked over the area I trapped last year seem to be a lot more tracks than last year .........Even found some Bobcat tracks. The issue with this area is that it requires a lot of walking.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coyote Sets
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2013, 21:31 
Offline
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Joined: 23 Nov 2013, 18:04
Posts: 265
Location: Kansas
Have you caught any coyotes yet?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group