Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 20 Nov 2017, 20:01

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2012, 14:06 
Forum not-so-Newbie
Forum not-so-Newbie

The best set for Muskrats I found where water level goes up and down without warning is floats these are easy made cut 24 inch long poles I use 6 to 8 inch thick now get two boards 1 inch thick and bottom board 6 inch wide the top 8 to 10 inch wide make sure bottom one 24 inch long the other 12 to 14 inch long nail together now put top 8 to 10 inch board across nail to float poles the reason for bottom board is it gives Muskrat a landing and where you set trap.

Put u nails to under float poles and wire trap chain to add bait and tie to a weight look at high water mark this is tell you about how much line to have tied to float now no matter how much it rains your in business.
This is really great for rivers and set backs I have also use rabbit wire instead of boards I use a mix bait of apple potato and carrots Good luck my brothers and sisters

WinterHawk

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2012, 17:24 
Trapper
Trapper

Just set some yesterday. I'm in a marshy area with trails running all through it into a river. Set some traps right at the waters edge. Crisscrossed some stakes which I hope hold alright. We'll see.

Turkey
Deer
Racoon
Mink
Weasel
Fisher
Coyote
Red Fox
Grey Fox
Red Squirrel
Grey Squirrel