Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 17 Dec 2017, 14:47

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: First catch / first post
PostPosted: 18 Dec 2006, 15:18 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

:D New to trapping this year and I just started setting traps (5) about 4 weeks ago and have had little luck ( a skunk) my sets were for bobcat but not much happening, i have noticed alot of coyote sign and tracks around my sets with 1 near miss, 2 weeks ago i bought some snares and set them for the coyote around the same two areas I have traps at, last week i had to re-set 3 that had fallen or closed because we had a storm saturday, i have been waiting for some traps i orderd so i can get more out in the field, but friday till sunday noon its been snowing so i just checked and didn't set any new but got out last night and checked my line after the snow quit with the intention to set more traps, half way thru my line I had 1 big male coyote and a nice red fox 20 feet apart in 2 snares set for coyote, but only got two traps set.

I have been asking people and reading alot to try and learn found this site and decided to join great so far, good info an links.

Have a few questions to ask but i wanted to post my sucess first, i was so excited i was yelling " I got a coyote! Yea! " my oldest daughter (14) was with me and just stood there and grined at me like i was a nut case, then i repeated the act when i saw the fox.
what a great feeling.
I am hooked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Dec 2006, 15:21 
Trapper
Trapper

Well deermagnet welcome to the site!If you want to learn you have come to a great place,alot of smart people with alot of knowledge on here to learn from!

fox 5
skunk 2
grinners 3
Thanks Donnie& TY

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Dec 2006, 15:29 
Trapper
Trapper

Yeah, and between you and I.....Watch that lil-bit.......She's a smart one, but there can sometimes be a 3 letter word added behind smart on some of her comments :twisted:

Lil-bit....No offense, just figured I would try to keep others from making the same mistakes I made. You make it too easy. You seem so trustworthy then......SNAP. I guess that's what makes you suck a good trapper huh?? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Dec 2006, 16:25 
*preen* I'm completely harmless, really. :twisted: