Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 10:12

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2017, 19:26 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

So, has this been the slowest season for posting on the Trap Line section of the forum in WAT's history? I certainly miss the pictures of people's critters and trapping efforts. If any of you guys are holding out on us, pony up!

Genesis 1:26

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2017, 21:28 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

Here you go NonPC, I finally put some pictures together from my last 2 weeks of trapping down at Camp Winky. I am not quite finished for the season and will be setting traps again starting Monday about 15 miles from my house. May have more pictures to share after that. I actually had 4 #3 long springs run over during the 2 weeks of trapping. I was able to repair all of them. Two I think were run over on purpose. Wasn't too happy about that. I think putting up hides down at the camp is a bit more risky than doing them at home where I can control conditions better. Thus far I have never lost a hide due to spoilage or flies while down at the camp. I feel Borax is the key to this record. I am not sure if I have already posted any of these pictures on another post or not. The boar hog was caught in a coyote snare and I think he and I both were quite surprised! I was carrying a .38 revolver and put him down with a neck shot. Camping alone for 2 weeks at a time isn't for everyone and although I stay there by myself I am in contact with others via my cell phone and when I go in to the little town nearby for camp food and gasoline. I was there for 1 week in Nov, 2 weeks in Dec and 2 weeks in Jan. Try it, you may like it. :roll: :lol: :lol:

Otter hide put up after a friend gave me the otter.

Last of my coon hides on boards.

Bobcat hides I repaired and put up after deer hunters gave them to me.

Trying to stay warm in Camp Winky.

Grey Fox.

Stripping the ears of the grey fox with help of screwdriver.

Cat removal.

Hides at camp.

Was thinking of Wolf when I took this armadillo picture.

Run over trap.

Trap needing repairing.

Lonely full moon night.

Reverse skinned deer hide rug.

140# Snared Boar

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2017, 21:51 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

that boar don't look happy....

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2017, 22:14 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

But I bet SR was thinking of what he could make out of that piggie!!

Hey, Swamp, that dark chocolate colored fur on your hat, couldn't be Ontario marten could it :--o ??

Some interesting shaped coon hides down there, bummer on the tick bites on some of them. I don't know why God made those nasty little blood suckers!

Genesis 1:26

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2017, 23:52 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Great pics swamp, fur hat to keep warm at winky and yet you have your furs outside drying. Not a marten hat, beaver is my guess? Where were your otter mitts and your long johns and those -50 boots you got up here. But I'm happy your survived the extreme cold or heat :lol:

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2017, 08:34 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

The hat is otter to go along with the otter mittens. I liked AMAK's hat so well I had me one made. I also had USA FOXX make another pair of mittens and hat out of beaver for my son. Wolf the snow pacs are still a little much for our "hard winter conditions", there were a couple of mornings I'd have worn them on the ATV if I'd thought to bring them with me.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2017, 21:57 
Trapper
Trapper

I'd take pictures, but it takes entirely too long to upload them on my ancient computer. Switched jobs halfway through December, with different hours, so I've been getting lazy with my trap line. Luckily there's some old hog buildings on my way to work that I've been catching a fews coons off of. Other than that I've been catching about the same number as I have in previous years.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2017, 13:33 

PC, I would love to post more but the new job and family/home life is keeping me so busy I don't have the time or energy! Kid blew out his knee so now I have to do all his chores on top of mine :x
I had to quit trapping half way thru cat season! I would never even considered that under any circumstance but I'm beat when I get home and got too much to do to run a line. I'm hoping I can get some spring beaver in. When I get all my catches out of the freezer and put em up, I'll post some pics.