Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 18 Oct 2017, 04:07

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2012, 19:49 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

...and left with a smile :--D I did pretty well. I'd love to put them up myself and I have the gear but I don't have a fur shed, yet :wink: I've been skinning them and putting them in the freeze but I ran out of room so I run over with all I had so far for the season. With the prices I saw in the grease I'm guessing you all will do real well at auction this year ;--)

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2012, 20:46 
POST-JACKING AND PIXEL SIZE CZAR (P.J.A.P.S.C.)
POST-JACKING AND PIXEL SIZE CZAR (P.J.A.P.S.C.)

Glad to hear you are smiling :D . Was a time not to long ago we just gritted our teeth and bore the pain. :cry:

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2012, 14:42 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Yeah I here ya. I figure if I can get half of what they go at auction I'm doing good. I took in (11) coon, (2) red fox, (1) gray fox, (1) yote, & a stinker and I have enough for a dozen #11 Sleepy Creeks or a half dozen MB650's, plus a case of beer :--D

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2012, 15:02 

The case of beer and traps sounds great Davy! :wink:

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2012, 20:42 
Trapper
Trapper

Davy what was the price the buyer gave you for that stinker.. We have 20 put up and ready to go (But my mother is taking a few to make a pillow) Hopefully can get a good buck for them?

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2012, 21:12 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

SDhunter96 wrote:
Davy what was the price the buyer gave you for that stinker.. We have 20 put up and ready to go (But my mother is taking a few to make a pillow) Hopefully can get a good buck for them?

He only gave me $2.50 for it, lol! I cuaght it early on this year so the fur wasn't great. I'm not sure he really wanted it.

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2012, 10:38 
Trapper
Trapper

davydtune wrote:
SDhunter96 wrote:

He only gave me $2.50 for it, lol! I cuaght it early on this year so the fur wasn't great. I'm not sure he really wanted it.

Did it stink? How did you dispatch it? How big? Nice colors/stripes?

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2012, 15:37 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

SDhunter96 wrote:
davydtune wrote:
SDhunter96 wrote:

Did it stink? How did you dispatch it? How big? Nice colors/stripes?

Didn't stink at all. Shot high through the lungs with a 22, never sprayed a bit :D Rally nice double stripe. The fur wasn't real think heavy yet. I think he just likes to do better $ fur. Hopefully by next season I'll have a shed and then I'll do them myself :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2012, 16:04 
Trapper
Trapper

davydtune wrote:
Didn't stink at all. Shot high through the lungs with a 22, never sprayed a bit :D Rally nice double stripe. The fur wasn't real think heavy yet. I think he just likes to do better $ fur. Hopefully by next season I'll have a shed and then I'll do them myself :mrgreen:

Yeah They are pretty fun to do.. or so my dad says, I only did two of ours this year, and fleshed 3 :--D but I did most of the coons, so I dont mind hehe. To dispatch ours we use acetone. To much risk shooting them and getting stinky, along with everything else that you are near!!