Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 22 Oct 2017, 17:58

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Headed South
PostPosted: 31 Mar 2016, 17:29 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

well back to snow and ice. Expecting 2 inches of new snow tonight and the temps will drop again for the weekend with the lows of -20.

It was quite the trip to East Texas to visit with swamp and his wife and to meet some of his trapper friends and some Wat members. I was truly out of my element down there and was not prepared as to what I was about to see and learn. Was a real eye opener from what I'm used too.
Although the language is different, I did manage to pick out a few words of English with out difficulty.
Swamp kept me busy with sight seeing and with the help of festus arranged for a fishing trip. Different fishing all together plus the added bonus of fishing in poisonous snake waters where swamp and festus soon put things at ease with their side arms. Festus showed me a gator as well why'll fishing.
Swamp and festus spent 2 days with me showing me around their trapping grounds and how they set. Again I have to say it was a total curve in trapping compared to how we operate here in the North.

Camp winky was what I expected it to be. Swamp keeps an organized camp and after inspection for snakes and crawly things inside I bunked down. Got to meet Cecil Gore and talk about some mink handling tips and other related trapping stuff. Very nice person for sure . It was nice to meet wannab and Shannon and we had a good long visit before they had to drive back that night.

Every person I met down there were just awesome. There was lots of stories told and lots of laughter.
I would like to thank Mr. Mrs. Swamp for putting up with me and make sure that I had all the comforts and kept me busy doing things. To Festus and his wife for their time and effort and fishing trip plus supplying the wheels to tour the lines and the superb meal that they offered to swamp and myself. So again I say thank you to all who went out of their way to meet me.

Will I ever move down there to trap.............NO FRIGGIN WAY....lol
But I do believe Trappintime could excel there farming, oh and I did get to see Walmart people

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2016, 20:22 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

NonPCfed wrote:
Swamp- A well documented adventure as usual. Thanks for sharing!!!

I'm out in the land of the fruits and nuts this week. I finally figured out how to do about a 2-block in any direction jaunt without getting turned around so I could get back to my hotel. I'd love to walk these streets with trappintime and doc and listen to the color commentary they'd be saying. I think specific panhandlers have specific areas they work. I haven't seen any human **** on the sidewalk yet such as I did during my last trip to this fine metropolis but I have 2+ days left. A whole different world than my bland suburbia .....

I'd gladly walk any street anywhere with Trappintime. 8) I can only imagine 2 possible outcomes.................. we'd either end up rich or in prison. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :roll:

Come on Wolf, tell us the story about the liquor store.

"Take ye heed,watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2016, 22:41 
POST-JACKING AND PIXEL SIZE CZAR (P.J.A.P.S.C.)
POST-JACKING AND PIXEL SIZE CZAR (P.J.A.P.S.C.)

Wolf, is there many reasons you wouldn't move there to trap? :lol:
Doc, I'd walk through [L] mit ya and throw snowballs during the journey. :D
I been saving snowballs for a thing like that. :wink:

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2016, 11:17 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Trappintime there was only one reason why I would not move down there. Texas long horns, other wise all those other venom toten critters and water living lizards that eat human flesh had no effect on me :--? :--? . you got to visit swamp and see first hand.

Doc the liquor store incident was when swamp took me to see something but never mentioned what. when he pulled up to this drive through building that sold alcohol products. The first words out of my mouth was.....you got to be #*^#*## kidding me, he laughed for a good ten minutes. After thinking about it, it probably is a good thing. If the person is to intoxicated to get out of his vehicle and enter the store the drive up works out well :shock:

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2016, 12:12 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

wolf1199 wrote:
Trappintime there was only one reason why I would not move down there. Texas long horns, other wise all those other venom toten critters and water living lizards that eat human flesh had no effect on me :--? :--? . you got to visit swamp and see first hand.

Doc the liquor store incident was when swamp took me to see something but never mentioned what. when he pulled up to this drive through building that sold alcohol products. The first words out of my mouth was.....you got to be #*^#*## kidding me, he laughed for a good ten minutes. After thinking about it, it probably is a good thing. If the person is to intoxicated to get out of his vehicle and enter the store the drive up works out well :shock:

No lie doc, I couldn't quit laughing when Wolf blurted out his exclamation! He wanted me to keep stopping so he could get pictures and I warned him that if we didn't get on up there pretty quickly they'd think we were about to rob them. It was well worth the price of a bottle of rum to see and hear Wolf's reaction to something that is common down here. I probably had the same look when I got to his place and found out liquor could only be purchased at one store....a gov't store! We all had a lot of laughs at each other's experiences. It sorta reminded me of when RayElla was pestering me because I couldn't catch my breath in the mountains of WV. :roll: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2016, 20:02 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Swamp Rat and his lovely wife invited Shannon and I to their home to meet Wolf Sunday. We had a great time sitting on the back porch sharing trapping stories, and learning about different cultures, eh. One of the most interesting things was the shear number of wolf, sable, and beaver that Wolf has caught, and the fact that the government gives you a trap line area with the purchase of your trapping license; how cool would that be here in Texas, eh?? Swamp has a very cool man cave, and even more interesting things in his fur shed, even if his wife says it smells horrible. Shannon and I didn’t notice anything that smelled like skunk. :roll: Wolf has another talent besides trapping; he is one heck of a cook! He fixed us a delicious dinner of steak, baked potatoes, asparagus, and baked beans. Shannon and I are very picky about are steak, and were concerned about a Canuck fixing our steak, but he nailed it, it was delicious, eh. We had a great evening visiting with three of the nicest, classiest people you will ever meet. Swamp, Mrs. Swamp, and Wolf, thank you for such a great evening, one Shannon and I will never forget.