Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 15:19

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Christmas story.
PostPosted: 21 Dec 2014, 23:34 
POST-JACKING AND PIXEL SIZE CZAR (P.J.A.P.S.C.)
POST-JACKING AND PIXEL SIZE CZAR (P.J.A.P.S.C.)

Story time folks. I live remote as I've said and know pretty well everyone within 30 miles and many more out to a hundred miles. My little hamlet where I receive my mail[and took the first eight years of schooling] has 42 people and a surrounding bunch of farmer/ranchers. Every year we have a Christmas concert put on by the local ladies and kids from as far away as 38 miles. We also have an old grizzled bachelor who is gruff, hard to deal with and mostly a pain to be around, but a couple weeks ago he met me at the post office and asked to talk. He said, "I have no way of giving to the community but I'd like to anonymously donate $500 to the concert for the Santa bags for the kids". Now I can tell you I was floored and not just because $100 buys everything. I explained it was to much and he said to use any left over for our discing prizes this winter. Well as per his request I told no one including my wife where the money had come from but to get some good gifts for the 30 Santa bags this year. The concert was held today and the kids loved their gifts as we all enjoyed our social gathering that involved singing, skits, laughter and even food[all brought in by the locals. I had gathered all the little ones[3-15 years of age] in the kitchen and instructed them to go out in a line up from tallest to smallest to this old guy who was sitting alone. Their job was to wish him a Merry Christmas and give a handshake or hug. You coulda heard a pin drop in our little hall[ex two room school house] as that parade went over to old Jim. Folks I can tell you I ain't never seen a tough ol' hombre shed tears before like this gentleman did today. Later as I was standing outside having a smoke, Jim came out to go home and he walked over to me saying, "Lad, I've a notion to tear your Fn head off[he only stands like 6'8"] and I was a mite feared for my life but instead of ripping off my head he grasped me in a bear hug that woulda killed a medium sized Grizzly. I know for a fact it's the first time he ever said, "Merry Christmas" to me in my near 60 years on this planet. That to me was a present to remember.

Post subject: Re: Christmas story.
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2014, 00:26 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Great story. What goes around, comes around.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2014, 08:20 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

Whew TT, that story was apt to bring a tear of joy to my eyes! Once again it was good to hear a story such as this. People are similar to trees in we get too use to seeing the rough outer bark and soon forget how much of value is just beneath it. Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2014, 10:29 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Good story B. Merry Christmas to you and the family.

J

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2014, 10:34 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Great story TT. That will be with you forever.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2014, 17:29 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

Great story trap. Merry Christmas.

"Take ye heed,watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.