Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 17 Dec 2017, 10:57

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Practicing their rights
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2014, 12:58 
Trapper
Trapper

I found this video, thought it was pretty good! This officer is GREAT also!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N30TagPCNE4

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2014, 22:25 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Yes he was. Fixed yes it was in my opinion. Try that up here and they would be in the klink. Public safety is not people walking around with ak"s or anything like that. Maybe I'm old school but there is a time and place for everything. Walking the streets with an armed assault weapon, were is the common sense in that?

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2014, 23:30 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

They are all "assault weapons", heck my fist is an assault weapon, so is my pocket knife. It isn't about whether it makes sense for them to be doing it or not, fact is, for a US citizen, as long as they are obeying the laws put forth, they are free to do this all they want. Now do I think they were looking for a fight in a law sense, yes. I have seen him and many others out to do this same sort of thing. But I guess that's the beauty of living in the US. It doesn't matter what you want to do, as long as you aren't breaking laws. Surprisingly, you would be amazed at the amount of crime is dissuaded by the criminal knowing that someone they are going to do harm to, or someone around may be packing, let alone openly showing a firearm. Look at the most rampant crime cities in the US, virtually every one of them are those cities in states with the strictest gun laws.

"The bitterness of low quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten" ----Benjamin Franklin on duke traps

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2014, 03:52 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Last time i researched this subject(concealed carry/ gun control) the cities/states eith concealed carry had a marked decrease of violent crime at the initial start of the law and the decrease continued parallel to the concealed (or open carry) law. Punks and crooks prefer easy targets.