trappintime wrote:
Was that a typo?

Don't patronize me.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2013, 18:15 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

hillbilly wrote:
doc9013 wrote:
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb deciding what's for dinner.

Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the decision.

Ben Franklin.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Actually Doc...Ben Franklin is usually credited with the quote, but this is false. It was coined by James Bovard in 1992.

"Lunches with Wolves" was how Wednesday's New York Post editorial described Governor Spitzer's lunch with Sheldon Silver and Joe Bruno. The editorial begins: "Democracy has been defined as two wolves and a sheep discussing plans for lunch."

A second line is often added: "Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."

And finally the phrase is usually--incorrectly--attributed to Ben Franklin.

The word "lunch" wasn't popular until about the 1820s and would not have been said by Franklin.

Thanks for the correction Hillbilly.

Here's another one I like:

" Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation , that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense ? "

Think this was Patrick Henry but not certain.

"Take ye heed,watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2013, 18:19 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

TrapperKD wrote:

As for keeping a list? It seems someone else has been keeping a list, not the management of WAT.

Wasn't referring to WAT management. :wink: :wink:

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2013, 22:12 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

I think I've told this story before but I'll retell it given the times.

Back before Clinton and the Dems passed the "assualt gun ban" there was a price run on "nasty looking" guns. My bro was living in AZ and AR-15s were going crazy in price down there but were still only about 60% of the AZ price up here so he convinced me to buy one and we had plans to resell it but the Republicans won the 94 mid-term elections and the further gun control measures quieted down and prices fell.

At the time, I didn't need two .223 semi-autos and decided to sell it in the paper (we can do that here) and try to recover my investment. I only got 1 call from someone interested and he came over and checked out the AR-15. He asked me why I was selling and I said that I had a Mini-14 and didn't need two .223 semi-autos.

He said, "Oh, you have a Mini as well?" The next question stopped me cold. "How many rounds of ammo do you have?"

Why the he** does this guy need to know that if he wants to buy my rifle??? I told him a person can buy .223 ammo in any gun store and didn't give any number (none of his business!).

Well, the discussion about the rifle didn't go on too much longer and he left. And I never heard from him again. Perhaps he was just a bit odd in the question he asked but in my gut I think he was ATF checking me out on a fishing expedition. Maybe some of you have had similar experience or will experience something like this in the near future...

P.S. Never made any money on that AR. I wish I had it back about now...

Genesis 1:26

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2013, 23:07 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

OATH KEEPERS MOLON LABE PLEDGE

We will never disarm. We will never surrender our military pattern, semi-automatic rifles and the full capacity magazines, parts, and ammunition that go with them. Thefundamental purpose of the Second Amendment is to preserve the military power of We the People so we will have effective means to resist tyranny. Regardless of what unholy, unconstitutional filth issues from the mouths of oath breakers in "Mordor on the Potomac" our answer is MOLON LABE.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force: Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."- Patrick Henry

We will not allow our children to be disarmed.

We will pass on those military pattern rifles, magazines, and ammunition to our children and our children's children.

Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American... [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. - Tench Coxe, 1788

Amen