Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 07:22

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New record
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2012, 07:37 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Canadain wheat board says this years crop of wheat is record breaking over the last 10 years. Some good news for the farmers.

Post subject: Re: New record
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2012, 08:37 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

That is good news for those in the agriculture business. I look for our grain products to go sky high with some much loss of crops this year.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2012, 14:02 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Glad to hear that up North did well. We had a lot of wheat around here too, and it seemed to do pretty well. It's all the summer crops for us that took a huge hit. I think I heard somewhere that like only 30% of the corn harvest is usable in Kansas. Soybeans here also aren't doing well.

"The bitterness of low quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten" ----Benjamin Franklin on duke traps

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2012, 20:13 
POST-JACKING AND PIXEL SIZE CZAR (P.J.A.P.S.C.)

Damb. :evil:

Here I thought the Irish Rovers were coming out of the grave and retirement. :shock:

The CWB has been wrong for so long that even the West finally got out from under their thumb. :D

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2012, 09:01 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

as I was making the trip from the southeast Texas gulf coast plain to the north woods of Minnesota I saw less crop damage as I moved north. Houston to Dallas looked Ok, North Texas and Oklahoma didn't look all that good; Oklahoma had a burn ban in effect; the part of Kansas I drove through did not have much crops but the grass looked good, Missouri looked good, and Iowa - goodness it looked really good. This was my first time to drive through Iowa. At some vantage points, the landscape looked like a veritable sea of corn and soybeans. Those Iowa farmers are proficient. Southern Minnesota looked good also. Northern Minnesota is just a beautiful place.

Notes on the above: I was driving and trying to drive safely so I may have missed some crops in Kansas. Some parts of Kansas I drove through must be part of the great American plain. I could imagine buffalo herds being real happy with that country.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2012, 15:06 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Pierre wrote:
as I was making the trip from the southeast Texas gulf coast plain to the north woods of Minnesota I saw less crop damage as I moved north. Houston to Dallas looked Ok, North Texas and Oklahoma didn't look all that good; Oklahoma had a burn ban in effect; the part of Kansas I drove through did not have much crops but the grass looked good, Missouri looked good, and Iowa - goodness it looked really good. This was my first time to drive through Iowa. At some vantage points, the landscape looked like a veritable sea of corn and soybeans. Those Iowa farmers are proficient. Southern Minnesota looked good also. Northern Minnesota is just a beautiful place.

Notes on the above: I was driving and trying to drive safely so I may have missed some crops in Kansas. Some parts of Kansas I drove through must be part of the great American plain. I could imagine buffalo herds being real happy with that country.

Do you happen to remember some of the cities you passed close to in Kansas?

"The bitterness of low quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten" ----Benjamin Franklin on duke traps

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2012, 20:33 

Enjoyed the crop report :wink: . Hope you find everything you want in your new abode.