Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 08:32

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Current Event
PostPosted: 11 Jan 2011, 14:50 
I am not going to make an issue of this. But here is an easy way to let your legislators know how you feel about gun control legislation due to be voted on by early February. If you have not heard about current events it is all here, also.

http://capwiz.com/gunowners/issues/aler ... d=21943501

Post subject: Re: Current Event
PostPosted: 11 Jan 2011, 16:56 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

Those idiots will never quit in their efforts to ban guns, and it goes to show what class of people they are to use a tragedy like this to advance their agenda.

"Take ye heed,watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2011, 18:41 
POST-JACKING AND PIXEL SIZE CZAR (P.J.A.P.S.C.)
POST-JACKING AND PIXEL SIZE CZAR (P.J.A.P.S.C.)

Well doc I may agree with you but have you ever heard people discuss walls to help with floods until after a flood. :shock: I would think there is enough legislation to have kept a gun out of most peoples hands that they shouldn't be in but as usual law makers like making more laws than using the ones already in place. :evil:

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2011, 20:25 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Mt,
As a gun owner and a believer in our right to own guns granted us by the Bill of Rights, I have a problem with this shooting:
From what I have seen, the shooter was using a Glock 17 semi automatic pistol. Perfectly legal to buy and own in most of the States. The clips he had were 33 round extended clips designed and made for the Glock 18, a select fire pistol that can fire fully automatic, not legal to most. If we as gun owners think that a 33 round pistol clip or a 50-100 round rifle magazine is acceptable as a self defense weapon or hunting weapon something is wrong.
Yes the guy is a nut case and shouldn't have been sold a weapon, but he was and I can't think of any excuse for him having a pistol with a magazine extending 6-8" under the end of his grip. The anti's are going after us and this time I think they have a point against us I can't defend. When Brady went away, "No more than a 10 round capacity" did too. I think that WE - no not you and me, but gun owners as a group let this happen and I for one am going to get screwed because of the more capacity crowd. It's bad, but as I said and believe, " I can't defend a 33 round pistol clip for self defense".

Kelley

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2011, 20:33 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

kcmendy wrote:
Mt,
As a gun owner and a believer in our right to own guns granted us by the Bill of Rights, I have a problem with this shooting:
From what I have seen, the shooter was using a Glock 17 semi automatic pistol. Perfectly legal to buy and own in most of the States. The clips he had were 33 round extended clips designed and made for the Glock 18, a select fire pistol that can fire fully automatic, not legal to most. If we as gun owners think that a 33 round pistol clip or a 50-100 round rifle magazine is acceptable as a self defense weapon or hunting weapon something is wrong.
Yes the guy is a nut case and shouldn't have been sold a weapon, but he was and I can't think of any excuse for him having a pistol with a magazine extending 6-8" under the end of his grip. The anti's are going after us and this time I think they have a point against us I can't defend. When Brady went away, "No more than a 10 round capacity" did too. I think that WE - no not you and me, but gun owners as a group let this happen and I for one am going to get screwed because of the more capacity crowd. It's bad, but as I said and believe, " I can't defend a 33 round pistol clip for self defense".

Kelley

You might think otherwise when some muslim comes at you with an AK-47.

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2011, 21:11 
KC, IMO the constitution does not state what guns, magazines or clips are legal. Matter of fact I am of the opinion they intended us to be well armed to protect our country and rights, not sportsmen. It just ain't going to work to pass gun laws that make everyone feel warm and fuzzy. Also adding any gun laws are unconstitutional. We are where we are by using that warm and fuzzy feeling to concede right after right. Our forefathers fought and died for those rights we give away under the guise of warm and fuzzy feelings. To be fair though. Only 3% actually took up arms and went to war. Many helped, many were against. But most then, as now, let others fight for their rights. Then, as now, most looked down on that 3% until they needed them. Also I hear he bought a Glock 19

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2011, 21:24 
Here is a nice little anti-gun bloomberg article that pushes that warm and fuzzy feeling. Of course there is no where to comment on the BS it spews. Such as Arizona's gun laws made it have 1.5 times more gun related deaths than the national average. I am sure that is a fact. It is also a fact that Arizona is a border state. I am willing to bet that the illegal Mexican drug trade raised those figures considerably. I also bet that Arizona's gun laws kept those numbers down or at least saved innocent lives. Mistakes are made when you do not look at the whole picture.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2011, 22:23 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

NonPCfed wrote:

Maybe one soluation would be that everyone packs.

Amen

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2011, 10:57 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Mag restrictions never made sence to me iether, and we have plenty of them here :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: It is the gun not the clip, in a wack jobs hands that causes all these problems. Here you cant own a centerfire semi auto with more than a 5 round mag exept for the m1 garand with 8. They even tried to make us all get our old 303 Brit mags moddified to hold 5, and even tryed pushin threw a law that would have made 22lr clips that held more than 5 ilegal. I think every one every were should be able to pack a firearm, on thier person at all times, this would cut down crime and wack jobs cause even they are not dumb enough to not relize they will be shot on site from any one around them for tryin to comit these acts of terrorism. Take it from a fella who lives in a country that has already gave away way to many gun rights, you dont want to start lettin them take yours.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2011, 14:21 

doc9013 wrote:
NonPCfed wrote:

Maybe one soluation would be that everyone packs.

Amen

this is what the Israelis did to stop radicals from jumping out of vans with automatics and mowing ppl down. then the rads switched to suicide bombers because their knuckleheads with autos were getting shot by citizens before they could kill anyone....seems to make sense to me.