Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 25 Nov 2017, 06:04

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2010 Deer Show
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2010, 17:42 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Anyone going up to Bloomington this weekend for the Deer show?

Archery/Youth Deer Camp 2011- Everyone else in the group/camp-1 hen turkey, 1 coyote, 3 squirrel's, 1 groundhog, 1 single horn spike, 2 does, 1 button buck and 8 miss's. Youth gun deer season 2 adult does-2 doe fawns. Me-0-goose eggs-nada

Post subject: Re: 2010 Deer Show
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2010, 18:44 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Not me, havent been for around 4 or 5 years. Got ticked off the last time I went, felt like a calf that got herded into a pen that was too small. I really haven't been to impressed the last couple of times I went, with bows costing 700 + outfitters trying to sell you an overpriced hunt and the experts telling you how they shot a monster of property they leased, its just lost alot of the luster it once had. I see they are going to move the Classic to Peoria next year, I may go as it's only about 45 minutes from me and the Civic center is much larger then the fair grounds.

Post subject: Re: 2010 Deer Show
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2010, 20:07 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

It was in Peoria in '93. I think it stayed there a year or two and moved to Decatur. I agree on the setup and the outfitters its all a pain. Ive had a few arguments there. I quit going in '93 and never went back until '03(?) in Bloomington. When it was in Decatur we headed up there one year and got side tracked and ended up spending the weekend in Aurther and the Amish country. I like seeing the new products and finding the odd videos of bowfishing and good ole boy deer hunting but last few years we've threatened to not go back. Last year we got into it with the outfitters from over by Ashland. They made the mistake of tryin to hand a buddy of mine a brochure. He was polite until Stan mouthed off, lol. He told Stan pretty much what he was and where he could go. Like I said before the parking was atrocious, restrooms were no better then outhouses in '09. I debated on going this year but riding a chair and fighting that crowd didnt appeal to me. Its mostly a place for out of staters to gather info/ground and a few of our locals to brag and eventualy lose their ground. Maybe it'll be better in Peoria, if not least we can hit the boat, lol.

Archery/Youth Deer Camp 2011- Everyone else in the group/camp-1 hen turkey, 1 coyote, 3 squirrel's, 1 groundhog, 1 single horn spike, 2 does, 1 button buck and 8 miss's. Youth gun deer season 2 adult does-2 doe fawns. Me-0-goose eggs-nada