Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 18 Oct 2017, 13:15

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6799 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 272  Next
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2010, 18:11 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

BWM, if you want to fool someone into eating carrots, you can do what my Mother did to us, she boiled a mess of carrots and a mess of potatoes and blended them together and told us we were having something very special.....ORANGE POTATOES.....my older brother's wife still fixes him ORANGE POTATOES on his birthday.

I haven't a clue what you are talking about with your MIL losing breast cancer 33 matching set! I thought all breast cancer dealt with "matching sets". :? Then there is something about them going "flat" at a lake and then everyone had smores~~~~~~ :shock: strange, very strange! :roll:

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2010, 19:01 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

nice looking veggies Chieftan. We are canning green beans right now. Cukes and onions are doing good too, but I'm worried about my corn. Getting tassels but I'd like for it to be a bit taller. Can't tell about the taters. Tops aren't the best but they were like that last year and I got some really nice ones. We'll see.

"Take ye heed,watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2010, 19:12 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

them greens beans will be good this winter..Doc...we canned some and done some in the freezer too..

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2010, 19:52 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

Our green beans were the nicest I've ever grown. I moved my garden this year into an old cow/horse pasture. My Dad used to say that horse crap is the best fertilizer, and I believe him.

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2010, 19:57 
Doc, I have 7 horses making fertilizer as we speak. I have a couple of Dump truck loads piled up. You can have all you want. FREE :P :P :P :P :P

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2010, 20:04 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

redrooster wrote:
Doc, I have 7 horses making fertilizer as we speak. I have a couple of Dump truck loads piled up. You can have all you want. FREE :P :P :P :P :P

I'll take it !! Just make sure no grinners hijack a ride on the truck. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2010, 20:24 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

raining here, just got an inch and 3 tenths of rain ,that will put more blooms on the beans..sun popped out and gave a look at this....Image

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2010, 20:32 
You have two directions to run to get to the pot of gold, which did you choose :P

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2010, 21:10 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

the wrong way :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2010, 22:15 
Sorry Chieftain, Sounds like you luck is about as good as mine

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2010, 07:06 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

That rain slid by us with nary a drop. Sangamon starts over by Decatur so any rain east/northest of us affects it. Swamp I forgot theres no water in Texas, Zebco 33's are used for fishing, lol. What do you guys do to pass the time between hunting and trapping seasons? Figured you guys tried gigging scorpions or something?

Archery/Youth Deer Camp 2011- Everyone else in the group/camp-1 hen turkey, 1 coyote, 3 squirrel's, 1 groundhog, 1 single horn spike, 2 does, 1 button buck and 8 miss's. Youth gun deer season 2 adult does-2 doe fawns. Me-0-goose eggs-nada

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2010, 07:36 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Back ,aint sure but I think the river is up here .ain't drove down and looked at it yet..but from my shop window [when theres no traffic on the road]I can here the water rolling over the dam.the higher it is the louder the roar...I can hear it pretty good this morning..I will look when I go run the the cage traps this morning.....

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2010, 08:03 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

backwoodsman wrote:
That rain slid by us with nary a drop. Sangamon starts over by Decatur so any rain east/northest of us affects it. Swamp I forgot theres no water in Texas, Zebco 33's are used for fishing, lol. What do you guys do to pass the time between hunting and trapping seasons? Figured you guys tried gigging scorpions or something?

BWM, I can assure you the woods are full of fisherman around here...I just happen not to be one of them. The last rod & reel I bought I gave to Doc's daughter and it was one of those tiny ones that you see advertised in magazines. I am just a few miles from some lakes (Sam Rayburn-Toledo-Steinhagen-Livingston) and between the Angelina River and Neches River and not far from the Sabine River. With all that territory to fish in I would think some of my friends or family would "think" to ask if I'd like some of the fish they catch! :cry: :roll: :lol:

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2010, 13:30 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Well Swamp maybe they aint catchin much?, "woods are full of fishermen"? Might want to point them toward the water? :wink: :--D . I'd give you a mess if you lived closer. Set out some short trotlines while ago on a local "creek". Its big enough to probably be called a river or little fork of one in some dryer areas.

Archery/Youth Deer Camp 2011- Everyone else in the group/camp-1 hen turkey, 1 coyote, 3 squirrel's, 1 groundhog, 1 single horn spike, 2 does, 1 button buck and 8 miss's. Youth gun deer season 2 adult does-2 doe fawns. Me-0-goose eggs-nada

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2010, 06:35 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

I have fished Sam Rayburn and Toledo bend ..great fishing in both...I didn't have time to go there yesterday so I went down here to the river..caught 31 channels ..2 to 6 pounds nothing big but it sure felt good to be out on the water...rivers up here Back....Image ...we stayed till dark ,they slowed down the closer it got to dark so we decide not to stay for the night shift....Image

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2010, 12:03 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

Are either of those rods the ones that BWM's MIL lost???

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2010, 12:47 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

:lol: :lol: :lol: might be you never know what you will find laying along the river bank.....

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2010, 14:45 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Lol, thats a whole 'nother topic on treasure hunting the rivers Chief and Swamp. Great looking spot and river Chief. Ours are down as far as the Sangamon, heard the Illinois and Mississippi are up though. Noone wanted to run the Sangamon this weekend. We got some lines in a local creek though but thats a whole other topic too, lol. Catching a few but nothing spectacular. My youngest daughter and I are getting acid blisters from cherry tomatoes.

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2010, 17:18 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

backwoodsman wrote:
My youngest daughter and I are getting acid blisters from cherry tomatoes.
...can't wait.. ;--) switch over to the yellow ones..

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2010, 20:48 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Havent planted any yellow ones for several years. They are good though.

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2010, 21:07 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

backwoodsman wrote:
Havent planted any yellow ones for several years. They are good though.

Y'all PLANT THEM~~~ :--? we generally pick them behind the OUTHOUSE!!! :--o

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2010, 21:15 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Lol, well aint had an outhouse for awhile either Swamp. They come up voluntarily or you pulling my leg? Our cherry maters will come up voluntarily some years from the hybrids or cherry maters the year or so before. One year we ran out of time and didnt get our seeds started so we bought finished plants and some jokester switched the tags, planted 100 CHERRY MATER PLANTS! That was 25+ years ago and the owners of the old place still have cherry maters come up voluntarily over where the old house and barn stood. That was the only year I got sick of maters, lol. I dont think there was one recipe or way of fixin them we didnt try. They canned good but were alot of extra work. Sliced in half and marinated in Italian dressing then baked for 10-15min at 375 with mozzerella, parmesean or your favorite shredded cheese was good.

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2010, 06:26 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

pulled all the cage traps but 3 at the garden spot..got the problem down to a few stray cats now .aint caught a coon or possum in 3 nights...

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2010, 07:16 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

That's right Chieftain, pull the traps for a few weeks and then go back and start all over again when the new occupants arrive. :lol:

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2010, 12:10 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Swamp Rat wrote:
That's right Chieftain, pull the traps for a few weeks and then go back and start all over again when the new occupants arrive. :lol:
...yes sir I told the guy we weren't done for the year yet. :wink: working close to home today so I came home for lunch[fish].Back, looks like bad storms over your way.stay safe...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6799 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 272  Next