Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 14 Dec 2017, 10:13

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 277  Next
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2010, 20:13 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

peace keeper wrote:
hey chief heres one you might try use a jar of apple butter jam in back of trap seams to catch more bandits in a grinner infestation good luck

Please don't ever make a post about using APPLE BUTTER for bait~~~I think I would :cry: cry! I do love some good APPLE BUTTER....ummm ummm good!!!! 8|-

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2010, 20:21 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

i like good apple butter to swamp so the coons get store bought

pepe lepue 3
greys 8
reds
coys3
Johnny sneekum hopefully
beaver 9
bobcat 7
otter 2

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2010, 22:18 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Chieftain wrote:
..cools up a little I will turn a hound loose and see if I can have a hot cornfield race..my female needs one to pop up a bush in front of her..

Me too Chief, I love to lay back and listen to them races.

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2010, 06:39 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

the corn is tall and thick here,bet you couldn't whip a weasel through it..skeeters are terrible here after a rabbit race and 70 or 80 skeeter bites I said to "L" with it and came home...

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2010, 10:50 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

had one coon this morning and got 3/4 of a pick up load of sweet corn..guess I'll be putting up corn today....

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2010, 11:20 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Rain coming Chief, gonna be a good day for canning corn. Ever make corn relish or corn salsa? They are a nice change of pace from the standard zuchini(I love it though) or pickle relish or straight tomato salsa.

Archery/Youth Deer Camp 2011- Everyone else in the group/camp-1 hen turkey, 1 coyote, 3 squirrel's, 1 groundhog, 1 single horn spike, 2 does, 1 button buck and 8 miss's. Youth gun deer season 2 adult does-2 doe fawns. Me-0-goose eggs-nada

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2010, 11:31 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

i make all of those except the zucchini,not much on it in any form...fired up the fish cooker with the big pot on it .won't take long if I get it all shucked

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2010, 13:10 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Im not much on baked zucchini but love it fried or made into relish. Zucchini bread is ok. Im ready for the summer squash to come on, I prefer it fried to the zucchini even. Once the rain stops this week were hitting the blackberry patch's. Wild gooseberrys are ready in some spots but between the spraying and critters most of the patch's are thinned considerable.

Archery/Youth Deer Camp 2011- Everyone else in the group/camp-1 hen turkey, 1 coyote, 3 squirrel's, 1 groundhog, 1 single horn spike, 2 does, 1 button buck and 8 miss's. Youth gun deer season 2 adult does-2 doe fawns. Me-0-goose eggs-nada

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2010, 17:42 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

got 138 quart bags of freezer corn..about a 100 more bags in a couple weeks..having corn for supper :roll:

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2010, 20:39 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Hobbled out and checked the summer squash, gonna have fresh fried squash tomorrow! Lot of work you got done there Chief but it tastes awful good when the snows flying.

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2010, 12:35 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

no coons this morning.... SKUNK.....not to bad a removal though he never sprayed...did get 3 ,50 pound dog food bags full of green beans..

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2010, 09:33 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

We've got to stop at a market either otw to Lincoln or on the way back today. None of the family put in gardens like we had in the past so no homegrown green beans. Theres a market over there though that you can buy flats of produce fairly cheaply. Now Im hungry for green beans and new taters, thanks Chief!

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2010, 11:08 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

had beans, new taters and sweet corn and a doe roast on the grill.leftovers for supper tonight which is fine by me..the more you heat those beans up the better they taste........they have a maket here on the courthouse square every wed. morning...there sure is some good produce out there this year......

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2010, 10:24 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

finishing up the corn today....Image...had two possums this morning...Image...going to do beans now...Image

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2010, 10:55 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

We're doing rhubard jelly and a pie today. Also got some more summer squash to fry up. Tomatoes are just starting to come on strong another week and we'll be up to our ears in them.

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2010, 11:55 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

our first round of mater's got drowned out..going to be a aleast3 weeks on the late one......

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2010, 15:05 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

finally finished up.how did the rhubarb come out Back :?: ..I'm going to have to take time and go get some fish to eat with these veggies..its been so long since I've been fishing I think my rod might be rusting ;--)

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2010, 23:10 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

We havent been out fishing alot lately either. Everything just got back to normal on the Sangamon. Water got a within a foot from flooding the cabin. Rhubarb was excellent as far as taste but a little runny. Pie's gone, lol. Started freezing a few green fried maters. They sure taste good when theres snow on. Wanted to get out and look for ripe gooseberrys but its so dang hot. Got several godsons, nieces and nephews I need to get to the hunter ed class's too. Sheesh aint enough hours in a day.

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2010, 23:16 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

I can remember when most everyone's kitchen area would look like that for the better part of late spring and all summer! Nothing beats fresh veggies (other than having some cooked up and on the table). :lol:

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2010, 23:32 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Bumper crops of everything over this way so far for the ones that got everything in and on time Swamp. I need to set a few yote traps too, theyve been stalking the chickens FIL said. Youngest son started football camp this evening too, gees louise! Our youngest had peanut butter n celery for the first time last night, lol. She ate the peanut butter and would eat the celery till the peanut butter was gone.

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2010, 05:04 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

peanut butter and celery now that's good eating ..I'm peanut butter addict...

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2010, 05:44 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

backwoodsman wrote:
Our youngest had peanut butter n celery for the first time last night, lol. She ate the peanut butter and would eat the celery till the peanut butter was gone.

Now that is a smart child....I too don't mind celery as long as the peanut butter holds up! :lol:

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2010, 08:38 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

first morning in 18 mornings I' didnt have a critter over at the garden guys house..still baited and waiting..

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2010, 17:55 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Yeah celery is about tasteless without something. Squeaze cheese is good and I use to wrap calery in cheese slices as a kid to choke it down. Its also good substituted for pickles in our wrapped pickle recipe. She is amazing in what she'll try to eat or trys and likes. She eats most raw veggies and you have to hide carrots from her. Chief as I get older Ive found I like peanut butter more. I never really cared for it as a kid but we never had alot of it around either. Mom was always on some kind of fad diet or we just didnt have any money so peanut butter was rarely in our house. We have to keep alot of it on hand now as the kids eat it plain or with jelly on sandwich's. When they get in the mood for sandwich's they'll do serious damage to a jar of peanut butter. Peanut butter and saltines are one of my favorite quick snacks. Cats biting there Chief? Rod and reeling isnt very productive here. Talking about running some lines this weekend at the cabins. Mother in Law did manage to lose the brand new Breast Cancer 33 matching set I bought my wife, ugh. Had what I assume was a big flat grab it at Pittsfield Lake while she was making smores or some such for her kin, ugh. They all watched the lawnchair flip and the pole bounce once. My wife did cast it once across the yard and I rigged it up for cats, lol. MIL needed poles as she loaned all hers out or lost them/misplaced them. She stopped by and grabbed an armload while we were in Vegas. Im gonna have to start locking my stuff up, she grabbed my favorite night pole too along with about $400 worth of other rods and reels.

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2010, 18:03 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

I guess my first memory of peanut butter is of my grandmother [Clada Lacey] giving me a peanut butter sandwich with her home made apple butter on it...I'm still hooked..that was many many moons ago....sounds like my boy "dads got it ,I'll go grab it ""...never got my trolling motor back ,oh well don't use it anyway..getting rain here right now .I hoping the river comes up here and I think they would bite.....Champaign got over 2 inches .thats where the river here at home starts...drudge ditch up there on campus...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 277  Next