Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 15:42

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2006, 12:50 
Is there anything better than sitting down with a warm mug of french vanilla coffee, some tools, your trapping partner next to you, doing a few modifications on your traps?

Right now, I'm swapping out some springs, and 4 coiling a few of my traps. John is testing the pan tension and adjusting it appropriately next t me. It's cool and drizzly outside. What a beautiful day to be a trapper. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2006, 14:06 
Forum not-so-Newbie
Forum not-so-Newbie

thats what its all comes down to :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2006, 22:21 
Trapper
Trapper

:D lil bit sounds good to me, I been lookin for a partner for the season,had acouple guys lined up early ,didnt work out tho. they hunt also . I just trap& hit it hard as time allows me to,they talk good but really are just hobby guys LOL oh well only have 2 weeks anyway this year to trap,soI'll just go as usual ,by myself. hope yall do good ,get well see yaBrian

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2006, 22:40 
If I could walk, I'd help ya Mink. *LOL* But right now, can't even do that. Teehee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2006, 22:50 
Trapper
Trapper

yeah I know ya cant,I wasnt fishing neither,ya got a good partner. lol I'll find 1 one these days tho. my brother is laid off,but he doesnt like to trap.What Id really like to find is a skinner,that way I could really hammer it hard,14 hours a day. try to limit to 8,then skin for 5,6hrs. man I cant even think how much that would add to my catch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2006, 23:17 
I'm lucky. I've got two GREAT boys within 30 minutes from here in Winchendon MA that have offered to do my skinning this year. They're really good kids. Maybe you ought to hit up the trappers-education courses looking for kids or people who want to learn how to skin and what not, and cut their teeth. Sure, the hides might not be perfect, but it'd let them get some experience and it'd give you a bit of a break.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2006, 23:30 
Trapper
Trapper

I tried a couple ,not to reliable,they rather play video games &such.Plus I live 20 miles from anywhere,Iprefer it that way,not to many youngsters around . thanks for the suggestion though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2006, 23:37 
HATCHET MAN
HATCHET MAN

Lil Bit- That sounds great, it sounds like you've found a great partner. It's awesome when there are things like that that you can enjoy doing together.