Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 17 Nov 2017, 22:00

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2009, 20:05 
huntingmaxima wrote:
wildman, you are starting to rub off on me! Yep it is fun!!!!!!!
Where in MT do you live? I have a son in Bozeman.

It is exciting walking the edge but you never know what tomorrow holds. I live in Libby. Pretty far north west corner. Bozeman is a nice town, generaly. You are sure welcome to visit the Campfire on here. Things sometimes get rowdy but in a fun way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2009, 20:11 
THE IDAHO TRAPPIN' MACHINE

I can so 65 on three pounds....and I will pay shipping.....
LONE

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2009, 11:11 
Morning HM. Since there has been a long silence from you about Lones offer I am assuming you are taking a pass. I don't think I would be breaking ettiquette to take you up on your offer. Of course my thinking doesn't always run the same direction as everyone elses so there will probably be some BOOs. Depending on how you stored your castors there may not be any grade one but it is all lure quality and at a decent price. Since we really don't know each other I will send you a US Postal Money Order for $40 upon receiving a PM with your acceptance and address and another for $40 after receiving the castors. PM me if that is acceptable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2009, 12:52 

go for it mt......cuz as a business man I cant go any higher, good luck and let us know how it turns out.
LONE

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2009, 13:14 
LONE GUNMAN wrote:
go for it mt......cuz as a business man I cant go any higher, good luck and let us know how it turns out.
LONE

I don't know Lone after doing the math it looks pretty good to me. Let's see selling the tincture at a dirt cheap $2 an ounce and using 1/2 ounce of castor for that (most lure makers use less) comes to $64 per pound. Sounds like enough profit for me to use it as a draw for buying fur. Of course if trappers lay out for the year I may have to sell it on Ebay for $3 an ounce.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2009, 14:20 

right now castor is goin for around 30 bucks a pound....for stuff you can pic up and handle, hence pick and choose.......without pickin it up and checkin it out, out of blind faith and giving him 2/3 of it being in good shape....I would say 65 bucks is a good price.......but to each there own.
Good luck and are you heading to Lewistown mt for the western regional nta convention?
we aint goin to make it and I would like to know how it turns out.....
ttl
LONE

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2009, 14:53 
Trapper
Trapper

mtwildman,pm sent

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2009, 15:17 
LONE GUNMAN wrote:
right now castor is goin for around 30 bucks a pound....for stuff you can pic up and handle, hence pick and choose.......without pickin it up and checkin it out, out of blind faith and giving him 2/3 of it being in good shape....I would say 65 bucks is a good price.......but to each there own.
Good luck and are you heading to Lewistown mt for the western regional nta convention?
we aint goin to make it and I would like to know how it turns out.....
ttl
LONE

I am seeing $30 on the low end. Doesn't even bother me to overpay at times if I know I am going to come out. Everyone needs to make some or the game will end. To me success is not measured in dollars so I guess I will never be a "successful" businessman. But I do have fun.

No convention for me. Much too busy and not much into crowds. Guess I will always be a small time semi-hermit living the good life. Luck to ya on your trading ventures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2009, 17:21 
Money order in the mail. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2009, 17:05 
I received the castors today. Very well packed and looking good. Weight is right on. Can't ask for anything more. Your money is in the mail. Thanks for a good deal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2009, 17:51 
Trapper
Trapper

You are welcome. Let me know next year if you need any more.