Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 13 Dec 2017, 23:34

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Skunk job? (update)
PostPosted: 27 Mar 2009, 08:35 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Well a nice elderly lady that lives close by called and asked if I could get the skunk that was under her shed, so I went for a look see and by the perfume eminating from under the shed there was a resident, you should have seen the look on my 3 year olds face when he got a wiff :lol: Any way we set a cage trap and the second day we had a coon
the very next day we caoght old smile'n sam
Still no skunk? But still aplenty o stink :? So I'm starting to think somethings up here like madey the sinker gave up the ghost under the shed, so I ask the owner if she had seen anything go under the shed she says yes a ground hog HMMM, I seen a g-hog tear the crap outa cat that went into it's hidey hole one time, could this be the same situation? We reset he trap and the next day another coon
My cousin from Arizona happened to be back and came along for the check. What do you think of Hunters head gear and pistola ?:D Checked the trap yesterday and nothing, of course it rained cats and dogs so I didn't expect much. I'm pretty sure that the skunk is dead under the shed, but I'll give er a few more days and see what happens.

Last edited by illtrapper2 on 03 Jul 2009, 09:59, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Skunk job?
PostPosted: 27 Mar 2009, 09:01 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

illtrapper2 wrote:
Well a nice elderly lady that lives close by called and asked if I could get the skunk that was under her shed, so I went for a look see and by the perfume eminating from under the shed there was a resident, you should have seen the look on my 3 year olds face when he got a wiff :lol: Any way we set a cage trap and the second day we had a coon
the very next day we caoght old smile'n sam
Still no skunk? But still aplenty o stink :? So I'm starting to think somethings up here like madey the sinker gave up the ghost under the shed, so I ask the owner if she had seen anything go under the shed she says yes a ground hog HMMM, I seen a g-hog tear the crap outa cat that went into it's hidey hole one time, could this be the same situation? We reset he trap and the next day another coon
My cousin from Arizona happened to be back and came along for the check. What do you think of Hunters head gear and pistola ?:D Checked the trap yesterday and nothing, of course it rained cats and dogs so I didn't expect much. I'm pretty sure that the skunk is dead under the shed, but I'll give er a few more days and see what happens.

As usual IT2, great pics of the boys and catches. Whew...I am glad you put the info in about that pretty woman being your cousin----I thought you were giving us a BS line about the "nice elderly lady" :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Mar 2009, 10:37 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Good catchs. Looks like that younguns a natural. :lol: Are there any root holes around the yard? This is what's all over my yard from one. Dang neighbor cats kept clogin up the traps when I tried to catch it. :evil:

All time favorite:
Skunk 1 (in a bag)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Mar 2009, 07:19 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

if i catch a cat here in my cage traps ,you release him and you never catch him again. once is enough I guess,.....great pic.s

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Mar 2009, 09:25 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Everytime I catch 1, it's a LONG time before I can ever get ANY to go in that same trap, or at that same spot. I guess they know what happened to their buddy when he got in that "box". I put it up for a week, then reset, and I'll catch another one, though.

All time favorite:
Skunk 1 (in a bag)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2009, 23:43 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Give em a bath - they never get close to you or a trap.

Mink -
Muskrats -
coons - 6
Gfox -

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Jul 2009, 10:04 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Well after a couple of more days,another grinner and some trail cam pics,I'm positive that the pole cat is dead under the shed. The owner is going to let me trap there tis fall so all's not lost :wink: