Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 20 Oct 2017, 22:16

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Newbee Talking
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2009, 10:38 
Trapper
Trapper

Things are about as slow for me as for the forum lately so I figured I would start something. I am just starting out and figure I need something to put critters in to transport them. I learned last night that you should remove the animal from the clients property before dispatching it. So I need to come up with a container to put the critters in during transport. I have a Jeep Cherokee and I made a rack that slides into the trailer receiver on the back. I built it so I can place live traps right on the rack. What I am looking for is a container I can carry to where the animal is, and using the catch pole, place the animal inside and then carry it to my Jeep. So I am open to ideas and would love to hear from the pros. Basically, last night the client had a raccoon acting funny in her yard for quite a while. When I got there it looked at me and started moving ssslowly. In hind sight, it would have been quick and easy to use a catch pole and place him in a container and then go off site. I believe this animal had distemper. nh

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2009, 10:44 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

I have the same vehicle as you. I bought a ready made rack like that, plus I have a small trailer I pull behind it. I'm not ADC, but do that type work for the family and where ever I work, just cause I like trapping. Anyway, I have some of those dog carry boxs you get at the pet store. I have even bought the XL for around $40 used just look around the flea markets and stuff. The XL new is over $100. Just keep them out of the sun while your not using them, or they get brittle. The smaller ones for cats and such are real cheap used. I have a veriety of sizes at hand. Bought them all used over the years. Good luck.

All time favorite:
Skunk 1 (in a bag)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2009, 10:53 
Trapper
Trapper

Good idea boom. Got to save a buck if you can. I believe I saw a guy on TV once that had what looked like a large ( 40-50 gal ) plastic trash can with a flip type lid. I thought that was kinda cool but I know the price of Rubber Made products. I will definitely keep my eyes open for something that will work.nh

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2009, 13:07 
Trapper
Trapper

I new I had seen this post before. rwtrapper posted these pics. http://www.wild-about-trapping.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2912&highlight=

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2009, 13:10 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Oh, I remember that one. Yep, that is another way to go.

All time favorite:
Skunk 1 (in a bag)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2009, 13:24 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

nhcruffler wrote:
I new I had seen this post before. rwtrapper posted these pics. http://www.wild-about-trapping.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2912&highlight=

rwtrapper hasn't been in on many discussions since deer season. Houndsman transported some coyotes not long ago...we'll see what his input is.