Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 21 Apr 2018, 08:30

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2017, 09:18 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Well it's been a couple years since due to bands and work. After Saturdays gig I finally have a couple months off, nothing until I have to hit the studio that last week of January ;--) So having some time on my hands I busted all the gear out and I'm ready to roll :mrgreen: I managed to locate fisher on several properties so that's the first critter I;m setting for. Also have several farms that are in need of some muskrat control as well :wink: Of course I'll be setting for canines as well. Have a few dozen cable restraints to get out after Christmas. Till then I'll just set my #2 4x4 victors :mrgreen: Hopefully I'll have some pics to follow.

No w I've never went after fisher before but I know the whereabouts of several and have read a great deal. However anyone have any first hand tips, sets, baits, ect. you could share?

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2017, 10:59 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Well, have you caught anything? We need an update and pictures would be nice.

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2017, 19:42 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Tuned in davey. Good luck.

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2017, 04:48 

Good luck Davy!

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2017, 11:47 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

First check this morning and nada........ Lots of sign and several sightings from the farmer. He has a certain culvert pipe that he has seen them go through several times. I set on both sides of it :mrgreen: That little drainage that runs through the culvert runs right through the middle of a 200 yard line of pines and that's were the tracks are. I set a cubby set and an (I'd guess you'd say) an adaptation on a leaning pole set, need to cover the bait here in PA. I just made a pine bough cubby above the pole. Wanted to get in some rat and mink sets but I ran out of time Sunday and well everything is currently melting and a muddy mess so I figured I'd give it a day or two. Need to get a couple fox sets in as well as there is definitely more than one working the farm. Heck with this warm up I might even get a crack at a big bore coon as they should be out and about.

Going to try to get more sets in tomorrow I think and I'll take some pics. Was going to take some of the sets this morning but my camera was dead :(

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2017, 15:34 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Sounds good davey. I'd think patience is going to be key for them critters the way they travel about. Farmer seen em doing it through the culvert....now it's just a matter of who can out last who. Hang in there.

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2017, 19:31 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

Good luck Davy.

"Take ye heed,watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2017, 12:32 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Not much to post. Finally caught a couple grinners this am at least, the one was huge. I haven't seen any new fisher sign in a few days. Did kick up a nice red two mornings ago but nothing in the sets. Still have until the 27th for the fisher so I'll keep plugging away. Time to try something different though.........

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2017, 12:41 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

If I could ever find the cable for my camera I'll up load the pics I've took. Wait till you see the size of this fisher track! He has to be huge. Farmer says easily over 36" head to tail :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2017, 21:54 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

A fisher would be a cherry on top of the cake as far as I would be concerned!! Good luck, I have my fingers and toes crossed for you!!

Genesis 1:26