Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 19 Nov 2017, 11:18

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mussleshellgal
PostPosted: 28 Jul 2017, 09:44 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Welcome back lady! Thought you fell off the edge of the earth. Hope things are going well for you.

Post subject: Re: Mussleshellgal
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2017, 14:54 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Hey REM !
No, still on this earth.

Lots going on. In the process of moving north. Unfortunately it's only a few miles north. But better that than not. Looking forward to being single and having an assortment of men friends with toys. :) I'm going to be staying with my son. Just north of him is a small rather clean lake called Henry. I plan on spending one day a week up there fishing. I had some bass out of there a while back. It was the first bass I'd ever had but I didn't care for how it was prepared... baked.. seemed mushy and slimy skin. Fish is meant to be FRIED unless it's Salmon.. IMHO !!!!!!!

I have the worse luck with electronics. I recently bought a new camera so I could load photos here and some on ebay to sell some stuff.
I remember when cameras and loading photos was easy. Seems it's more difficult now than years ago. Now I can download the manual of how to use my pos polaroid camera. Installed and uninstalled the program several times and still can't get my darn computer to recognize my pos NEW camera. Very frustrating. Bring me a horse to shoe and I could do that much easier.

Wanted to load some beautiful scenic photos of a bike trip I went on with two friends. Our base camp was South Fork Co. We put on 1300 miles in five days, traveling all over the southern Colorado rockies. Amazing scenery... terrifying roads for this two year rider whose accustomed to flat lands.

One thing that improved my riding by about 75% was learning COUNTER STEERING. Still it was very scary at times. We went over a pass called Slummulligan or something like that. The east side was scary but the west side was terrifying. Many many severe hair pin switchbacks... Definitely challenged my riding abilities.
coming back up Slummulligan Pass on the west side was even more scary. On one sharp bend I actually felt my heel drag the ground. I don't know how I managed to stay up. NO GUARDRAILs, just vast SPACE between the edge of the road and the valley below.
Sure saw some amazing views. Of which I'm not able to share. Another pass we went over was Wolf Creek Pass. It was a bit intense too but at least it is a four lane,, a little more room for error.

As we headed back into the flat lands we came into Canon City from the SW side. There is a small road called SKY LINE DRiVE. It's about three side walk width. One way only. follows a ridge down a mountain. Very dangerous and the only way I made it, not like heights, was to keep my eye on the tail light of the guy ahead of me and not look either direction. Even a full size pickup would not have been able to traverse that narrow one lane road.

I have a couple house sitting jobs. One I'm working now, with goats and had to milk a couple of the doe this morning,,, so I'm sitting here in the library, close quarters, and smelling like a billy goat. No one has said anything so far. I can smell him on me. lol Never did mind the smell too much.
The other job is up near the mountains for some people I saw on Craigs list. I'm looking forward to meeting them and maybe finding some opportunities through them.

Been stressed getting out of this current relationship but now glad it's over. Like a weight lifted off my shoulders.

How about you REM. How are you and yours?

Hopefully when I hit submit that darn photo bucket ad doesn't pop up. Heck I haven't used them for years. not since they held my photos hostage. A.Hs.

FREEDOM~LIBERTY

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2017, 23:52 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Sorry about the slow reply. We moved our daughter into a group home and are dealing with the guilt and all the hassles of making it happen. So far, she is making the transition and seems happy when we see her. She is still going to her day programs, but it is a big change for the three of us. Twenty-six years of taking care of her and it feels as if life has been turned upside down. We need to reinvent ourselves and fill in the extra time we now have.

Photobucket is holding everybody hostage. Only way to post on forums is to pay $40 a month for the privilege of posting your photos from their site. I have started using Photo Image and it is easy on this old guy's computer skills. They don't do videos, so I'm still looking around for a free site that does videos. Got a couple good ones waiting in the wings. Would like to see some of the area you went through. Been a long time since I was roaming those Colorado mountains.

If you didn't like Slumgullion Pass, you REALLY would not like Independence Pass. Last time I was over it, there was a 3 x 4 chunk of paving missing on the downhill side of the road. Some of the base had slid downhill taking the asphalt with it. Also, there are no guardrails. Many a "flat lander" has aged many years just going over it once. It didn't make any difference which way they were going. They ALWAYS hugged the uphill side of the road, regardless if they were on the wrong side of the road. Sounds like you have been having some learning experiences on your cycle.

Is your son in Lockbuie? There is a Henry Lake just outside the town and another in Littleton.

Good to hear from you. Try not to be a stranger.

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2017, 23:39 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Good to hear your moving on MSG I wish you the best of luck.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2017, 09:24 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Sometimes a change of scenery does a body good.