Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 17 Dec 2017, 14:30

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My MS patient
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2016, 18:28 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

I work for a 50 year old woman who has had MS for about 12 years. I am her secretary and masseuse.
When I first began working for her, her hands were curled closed tightly and it took a lot massage on each hand to relax them.
In feb she began a program she'd heard of that claimed she could improve her condition through diet.
She is only able to move one wrist and her neck and head. Very heart breaking.

Anyway she started omitting grains, sugars, and eating only meat and veggies. Lots of them every day. Three meals of full plates. She's also taking supplements that eliminate fungus from the body. The theory behind the program she is on is MS is connected to the amount of fungus in the body, which we all have due to our diets which promote it. Or so I hear.

Last month I was amazed to go to work and see her hands laying relaxed and open on her lap. She says she is able to move one leg a few inches after years of not moving them at all.

If anyone is interested in hearing about the program I can post the info. I don't have it with me now our would give more info now.

Its taken a lot of determination on her part, and as I said, she's young and it's a heart breaking, gut wrenching thing to see her like that.
It's given her hope. I pray it works for her because she'd trying so hard and is so determined to "get better". To be on her bike next year and walking with her dad. Personally I've never heard of anyone with MS "getting better" Has anyone out there heard of such a thing?

I don't know what she will do if the year passes and she remains the same. I don't think I could do what she does and live from day to day in the manner she has to.
I'm so thankful for my excellent health. msg

FREEDOM~LIBERTY

Post subject: Re: My MS patient
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2016, 00:49 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

As far as I know, MS is a progressive disease that has no "cure". Anything that helps, even if temporarily, would give a sufferer some cause to hope , if only to slow the advance of the disease. Hopefully, she will regain some mobility, but I wouldn't get her hopes up. Our neighbor's wife had MS and it eventually ran it's course. She has been gone over ten years now. Don't know what would be worse: lose your body to MS or your mind to ALS.

Post subject: Re: My MS patient
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2016, 13:12 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

For me, I'd rather lost my mind and run around crazy.

FREEDOM~LIBERTY