Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 14 Dec 2017, 03:22

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: a little artwork...
PostPosted: 25 Feb 2016, 21:52 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

I sold a real nice barely used hunter orange heavier winter coat that I found at a thrift shop on ebay in early November. It turned out the guy who bought it only lives 30 miles away from me. I dropped the coat off and we enjoyed some talk about deer hunting. About 10 days later the guy called and asked if I wanted to clean up a deer head his grown son had gotten the opening weekend of the East River season. I went and picked it up and he gave me his sort of odd 3 x 5 head to do what I wanted with.

I ended up doing 3 deer heads starting in November although I took a long while between getting them boiled decent and finally cleaning two of them up with peroxide, the other I'll let naturally bleach outside later this year.

I took the one up to the first guy's place tonight after work, my work place is on the way. I'm sort of a perfectionist in some things and wasn't a 100% satisfied with the head as there were some small pieces of flesh that had dried so hard that I couldn't get them off without really picking at them. I didn't want to break off the nose piece or visually scratch it up so took it up. The guy couldn't really see what I was talking about in his living room but I said if it bugged his son, he could probably put some thinned flat white paint on them. I think if I was going to do a lot of Euro mounts I'd get a pressure washer. It sounds like not over cooking the fleshy parts and then hitting them with a pressure washer and then soaking it in OxiClean is a a good way to go. Another reason for a fully heated shop with a floor drain that's all my own!!

Genesis 1:26

Post subject: Re: a little artwork...
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2016, 08:48 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

You did a super job. Looks great.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2016, 15:56 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

looks great to me. 8)

"Take ye heed,watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2016, 17:35 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

I like it, it really stands out!