Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 07:24

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Naf lotting grades
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2015, 10:41 
Trapper
Trapper

NonPCfed wrote:
Always interesting to see how typically we're fairly mellow when we disagree a bit on things. I'm sure if you go over on Tman, there's probably a dozen pages already on NAFA's lottering letters (there was 23 pages about the NAFA Section III letter that came about a while back!!).

I agree with LHB and think the 120K Section III mink are the dregs of the ranch mink industry. The individual lots are mostly talking about the various non-wild colors. If NAFA sells 5 million ranch mink, a 120,000 would only be a little over 2% of the total. To me, it seems logical that there got to be some "junk" (for whatever reason) coming out of the ranch pens. Maybe its better for wild mink to offer them first before everything else???

I miss running a couple week winter mink line but I haven't been able to justify its cost for a couple of years now. My eyes got opened when my plain jane mrat 3 years ago got more than a female mink. Maybe I'll be able to do it again (maybe just a way to burn money and have fun) before I get too old and broken down. Then again, maybe not...

I was thinking the same thing, glad we weren't discussing this on T-Man. Too bad we all couldn't sit around a table with a case of beer or two. Just think of the problems we could solve with the fur industry!!!!!!

Post subject: Re: Naf lotting grades
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2015, 16:43 
Trapper
Trapper

I was thinking the same thing, glad we weren't discussing this on T-Man. Too bad we all couldn't sit around a table with a case of beer or two. Just think of the problems we could solve with the fur industry!!!!!![/quote]

I'm in favor of that idea. I think I could learn alot from all the great trappings. I would sip on a good mixed drink though myself. 8)

Muskrats -
Mink -
Otter -
Bobcats -
Fisher -
Beaver -