Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 14 Dec 2017, 12:14

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Browning Line 2014-15
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2014, 16:50 
Trapper
Trapper

I had every intention of posting a bunch of pictures, however I have been super busy running my line and have not been finishing up in the fur shed until late every night. One week is under my belt, so far I have 36 coon, 6 possums, 1 coyote, and 1 red fox. I have been making a couple of farmers happy by hammering their coons, they want them gone. I will have some pictures soon to share!!!!

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2014, 17:10 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Nice going B!! Already more than last year, right?? I hope I see some various colored fur in dps, cubbies, and snares this weekend!!

Genesis 1:26

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2014, 19:11 

Awesome! Can't wait for the pics.

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2014, 22:38 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Nice job Browning! Your stackin the fur up now buddy. I will start in a couple of weeks. Lookin forward to the pics. 8)

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2014, 23:11 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

36 raccoons my, my you have been busy. Congrats.

Pierre

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2014, 08:22 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Browning625 wrote:
I had every intention of posting a bunch of pictures, however I have been super busy running my line and have not been finishing up in the fur shed until late every night. One week is under my belt, so far I have 36 coon, 6 possums, 1 coyote, and 1 red fox. I have been making a couple of farmers happy by hammering their coons, they want them gone. I will have some pictures soon to share!!!!

Your off to a very good start this season. Finishing up late in the fur shed keeps a guy out of trouble :mrgreen: Good luck with week two and looking forward to some pics when you get time :)

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2014, 21:07 

Impressive! That sounds like a lot of work!! Looking forward to pictures Browning! 8)

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2014, 09:41 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

Don't burn yourself out before you get some pictures. You are on a roll for sure!

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2014, 12:33 
Trapper
Trapper

dang 36 coons in a week, thats great

2014/15
2 red fox (2 in dp's )
19 coon
2 coyote (1 give by bowhunter, 1 road kill)
7 skunk (7 to many)
4 opossum

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2014, 20:28 
Trapper
Trapper

Just got done skinning for the evening, and getting ready to turn in. Caught 3 more red fox today and 2 more coon. I backed off a bit on the coon last weekend, and I decided not to set a good area because I ran into a guy trapping with his two boys, I figured they should have the area to themselves seeing how he had his kids with him. Was a great day, Dad went with me on the line, he is 76 and had alot of fun. My catch total is 45 coon, 10 possum, 8 red fox, 3 coyotes, and thankfully no bears so far!!!! Pictures will coming soon!!!

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2014, 23:53 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Nice!!!

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2014, 06:32 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

WOW..... your really off to a good start. Keep her going and waiting for some pics.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2014, 19:43 
Trapper
Trapper

Well, my vacation is over and my line is pulled until the week of Thanksgiving. My catch total was 51 coon, 12 possums, 10 red fox, and 4 coyotes. Can't wait until mink and muskrat open!!!! I will have some pictures uploaded as soon as i can download them from my phone.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2014, 21:25 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Let's see, maybe 3/4 of the coon are the cost of your supplies and running the line, and the other 1/4 and the k-9s the profit (??)!!

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2014, 21:26 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

P.S. Because you trap in 2 states, do you have to keep figures on what was caught where??

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2014, 17:59 

Those are good numbers Browning! I hope you do just as well with the mink and muskrat.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2014, 16:43 
Trapper
Trapper

Here are some pictures, hope you enjoy!!!!

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2014, 16:44 
Trapper
Trapper

Muskrat opens next weekend, hopefully the weather cooperates and warms up. Good luck everyone!!!

Last edited by Browning625 on 16 Nov 2014, 16:50, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2014, 16:55 
Trapper
Trapper

NonPCfed wrote:
P.S. Because you trap in 2 states, do you have to keep figures on what was caught where??

Nope, as long as its not a CITES species I have not had any problems with keeping track of where the critters were caught

Swamp Rat wrote:
Don't burn yourself out before you get some pictures. You are on a roll for sure!

Got to run hard when I can only run my line when I take vacation. If you are going to be a bear..... Be a Grizzly!!!!!!

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2014, 20:08 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Thanks for the pics, B!!! I dug your doubles. Do you usually gang set those dps or something that was there told you put 2 in here?? The yote colors sort of all over the place (which I think is pretty common). Thhat one silvery-pale on was intriguing. Hope you get some nice coin on that one! The reddies are cute. My first decent thing I caught besides mrats was a Red. Wish there were more around here than they are now. I don't think I'll get any legholds out this year. Maybe I'll still snare one before the season is done...

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2014, 20:39 

I love that! Great pictures Browning!

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2014, 22:18 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

As stated by others, really enjoying our trap line reports and all the pictures of the catches. You have been very busy!

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2014, 21:24 
Trapper
Trapper

NonPCfed wrote:
Thanks for the pics, B!!! I dug your doubles. Do you usually gang set those dps or something that was there told you put 2 in here?? The yote colors sort of all over the place (which I think is pretty common). Thhat one silvery-pale on was intriguing. Hope you get some nice coin on that one! The reddies are cute. My first decent thing I caught besides mrats was a Red. Wish there were more around here than they are now. I don't think I'll get any legholds out this year. Maybe I'll still snare one before the season is done...

NonPCfed---I let the sign tell me how many traps to gang set at a given location. Not really all that hard, when I come across heavily used coon trails leading to and from cornfields I normally always set at least 2 traps per trail. One location, I had 4 trails converge withing 75 yards of each other. Nailed the coon in that area!!!!

Most all of the property that I have permission to trap, the farmers want the coon gone, period. If I were to release coon and they found out, someone else would be trapping their farm next year. Easy to understand when you can see acres of corn destroyed by coon. Its money out of their pockets. One thing I have noticed is, farms that I trap really hard one season, I do see a pretty good drop off in the catch the following season, however, the coon seem to always be healthier, and better furred out that the season before. Don't know if anyone else has experienced that or not, just my observations.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2014, 08:39 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Great pics, well worth the wait for them. Your year looks to be going very well. Keep at it and looking forward to more up dates.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2014, 11:06 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Nicely done browning! :D