Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 24 Oct 2017, 06:09

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: hello,hello,hello
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2014, 11:24 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

im back in the game new job is locked in and mellowed out so I can actually trap this year.started prepping my traps yesterday and I am a lot behind the gun but very eager to get this season on the way.Little T is going strong on the damage side of things kinda wish she would slow down a little since she took over the damage control buis. she is doing really well at making me look bad guess I taught her to well :roll: :evil: going to go strong after bandits this year even though the prices are in the gutter wife wants me to pick up some sterling dps and am looking forward to adding them to my bag of tricks.also going to bring some of my live traps into play this year if Little T WILL LET ME :--? Made amends with my ex trapping partner over the summer so we will be possibly trapping to gether this year all kids are doing well oldest boy drew his youth buck tag AGAIN and thinking about doing the mentorship with 10 year old daughter on my antlerless tag 5 yr old boy wants to hunt every thing that walks. This winter has some very good potential for some even grater memories Got out and did a little fishing this year and got out camping quite a few times with family and friends even got out and did some clam digging this year wife and kids had never ben the most fun was watching the 5yr old boy digging in the mud he couldn't quite under stand why this time it was ok but every other time he would get in trouble by his mamma but once he figured it out he was black from head to toe well gotta go get back to trap prep wish you all agreat trapping season and may the trapping gods shine on us all PK

pepe lepue 3
greys 8
reds
coys3
Johnny sneekum hopefully
beaver 9
bobcat 7
otter 2

Post subject: Re: hello,hello,hello
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2014, 12:00 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

That was a great update PK, but there was a time you would have shared some pictures with us! :roll: Glad you, Little T and the old partner can start working together once again to get a shed full of fur.

You keep taking those family outings and those young'uns will turn out alright!

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2014, 12:39 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Good to hear your family's update and that you're gearing up for the seasons! That wet side of OR has a different sort of winter for me to wrap my head around, more like the upper and middle South's than the latitude you're at if you were in the middle of the country.

Did you all get the beauty of a bcat back from the taxidermist?? I hope you did because the next one you all catch like that can become nice coin in your pocket :) !!

Genesis 1:26

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2014, 16:13 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

swamp I woulda posted pics but ben without a camera most of the summer just got a new one intime for trapping season.

PC the cat is almost done along with little ts otter she just needs to go out and assist the taxidermist on the backing for both the mounts beings the taxidermist is a close friend of ours he is letting her come out and make any changes she wants done step by step

pepe lepue 3
greys 8
reds
coys3
Johnny sneekum hopefully
beaver 9
bobcat 7
otter 2

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2014, 22:06 
POST-JACKING AND PIXEL SIZE CZAR (P.J.A.P.S.C.)

I like the part where you mended some fences and maybe got a trapping partner back. Good partners are a mite hard to find.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2014, 22:26 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

trappintime wrote:
I like the part where you mended some fences and maybe got a trapping partner back. Good partners are a mite hard to find.

TT you are so very right and it is almost sickening how ego can put up a road block in a friendship and this friendship probably would of still ben lost had we both not showed up to help out a third friend. A simple cup of coffee and both of us willing would of saved a lot of head ache a lot sooner but , ego and pride kept us apart for over a year.

pepe lepue 3
greys 8
reds
coys3
Johnny sneekum hopefully
beaver 9
bobcat 7
otter 2

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2014, 22:31 

peace keeper wrote:
trappintime wrote:

TT you are so very right and it is almost sickening how ego can put up a road block in a friendship and this friendship probably would of still ben lost had we both not showed up to help out a third friend. A simple cup of coffee and both of us willing would of saved a lot of head ache a lot sooner but , ego and pride kept us apart for over a year.

Worst part is most people don't realize it until one or the other is dead. :cry:

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2014, 23:01 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

trappintime wrote:
peace keeper wrote:
trappintime wrote:

Worst part is most people don't realize it until one or the other is dead. :cry:

I count my lucky stars this is not the case for me this time it was and still is a very valued friendship and it also taught me a little humility no mater how much it pains you in the short run will go a lot further and be a lot more rewarding than all the ego in the world

pepe lepue 3
greys 8
reds
coys3
Johnny sneekum hopefully
beaver 9
bobcat 7
otter 2

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2014, 14:54 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

Good to hear from you peace keeper. Good luck !

"Take ye heed,watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2014, 18:39 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

thanks doc

pepe lepue 3
greys 8
reds
coys3
Johnny sneekum hopefully
beaver 9
bobcat 7