Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 10:13

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: The popular MB's
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2013, 00:22 
Trapper
Trapper

As these seem to be the overall most popular coil springs I have a few questions. Is it worth the extra money to buy the MB-650 laminated ones versus just the regular 650's? Would it be better to have outside, inside, or both if they are laminated? Then what is the major difference in the cast jaws and regular jaws, especially if they are laminated other then the price? It looks like the cast jaws are much more bulky? If I were to buy some, I have no problem spending the extra money if it can be justified enough to spend? Also, do you think an MB-650 with it being offset jaws would hold an otter? I know around here they are the meanest, wildest, critter we have. They just do NOT stop for anything. Sorry, this is just all new to me. I'm just used to the dukes and have been wanting to try some new options. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: The popular MB's
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2013, 05:52 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

jpostx3 you can do a search here on WAT by just putting in MB 650 and you should find HOURS of discussions about these traps! :roll: I think every angle of observation on the MB 650 has been covered at length!

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2013, 06:47 
Trapper
Trapper

I love my 650s. I have 3 doz of them now, and plan to buy more... I think they are worth every penny. all I have is a doz cast jaws and 2 doz with outside lams. I only caught 6 coyotes in them this year and had little to no damage. also I caught 10-15 incidental coons in them and had no damage at all.. they didn't even try to chew. I think Jase on here uses some regular un lamanated 650s and he likes them... he will probably be on here later to tell us what he thinks of his MBs.. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2013, 07:52 
Trapper
Trapper

I did try doing a search and it says it came up with no results. Guess I'm doing something wrong.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2013, 08:14 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

Put in MB 650 and Dukes

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2013, 10:56 
Trapper
Trapper

I found several now, thanks.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2013, 20:06 
THE GRINNER WHISPERER
THE GRINNER WHISPERER

I have the outside lam 650 and love them, but wouldn't mind trying out the non lam jaws. Cast jaws would be nice to try also, but I can't justify the cost of them over the steel jaws. I would bet that they would have no problem holding an otter.

The second amendment is in place in case the others are ignored.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2013, 21:57 
Trapper
Trapper

I have over 400 MB 650's and have used nothing else for several years now. Mine are inside and outside lams and 98% of the time there's no foot damage, and if any it's minor. They've held otter with no issues so far. I did put my chains on the end though, as I hate bedding them with the center swivel set up. They hold so good an animal isn't going to slide it's foot due to end swiveling. That was all another sales pitch item IN MY OPINION.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2013, 07:22 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

BJS wrote:
I have over 400 MB 650's and have used nothing else for several years now. Mine are inside and outside lams and 98% of the time there's no foot damage, and if any it's minor. They've held otter with no issues so far. I did put my chains on the end though, as I hate bedding them with the center swivel set up. They hold so good an animal isn't going to slide it's foot due to end swiveling. That was all another sales pitch item IN MY OPINION.

Wow that is a pile of traps. I assume you hit the coyotes pretty hard. Where do you trap? I just went back and saw in your signature you must be trapping down in Oklahoma, missed that the first time.

BAIT? URINE? LURE? DON'T NEED IT WHEN I'M USING MB'S!

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2013, 10:59 
Trapper
Trapper

Hey Happy. I trap Wyoming, New Mexico, and Oklahoma. Trapped Colorado and Arizona when it was still legal. Anyway, still having a blast.
Jase, sorry for the minuscule details. Just making a few statements to get some thinking going on . Won't happen again. It's all your's!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]