Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 16 Oct 2017, 17:07

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: fur buyer
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2013, 17:25 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

New to this site. haven't trapped in quite a few yearsand need some info. Is there anyone in York County that still buys fur bearers not skinned but fresh?
Thats York Co., Penna.

Last edited by pbreighner on 28 Feb 2013, 20:34, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: fur buyer
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2013, 17:53 

welcome to wat pbreighner! wish i could help with your question.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2013, 18:33 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Hey there! Welcome to WAT!!! I think you're going to have to be more specific. We don't know what state you're from. York county where?

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2013, 20:32 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

York Co. Penna.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2013, 20:54 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Good reddie country (or it just to be) down in the northern piedmont of PA, right? A few years back I saw a pix somewhere of a guy from Chester County that had over a 100 dried reddies laid out on his lawn. Hope you get some next fall!!

Genesis 1:26

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2013, 07:53 

Welcome to the site! I'm about 140 miles west of you so I can't help you with your fur buyer question. I would sugest this, first, join the Pennsylvania Trappers Association. When you do this, you will have a certain district you'll be in, I believe that is district 11. Find out when they have meetings which they will let you know with a post card in the mail and get to know the trappers in your district. They will tell you where the fur bur buyers are and who buys "in the round". (whole animals) Now that trapping season is over with the exception of beaver, this would be a great time to find out all of this info for next season. Second, you will receive only a quarter of the value of the pelt when you do sell in the round. Look into some fur handling DVD's, this will guide you toward finishing your own fur and getting top dollar for your efforts. There is 8 months until trapping gets rolling again, the more you learn through instruction given not only by books and videos but also some great trappers on this site, the more success you will see next fall. Good Luck!! :D

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2013, 07:56 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

trapperrick wrote:
Welcome to the site! I'm about 140 miles west of you so I can't help you with your fur buyer question. I would sugest this, first, join the Pennsylvania Trappers Association. When you do this, you will have a certain district you'll be in, I believe that is district 11. Find out when they have meetings which they will let you know with a post card in the mail and get to know the trappers in your district. They will tell you where the fur bur buyers are and who buys "in the round". (whole animals) Now that trapping season is over with the exception of beaver, this would be a great time to find out all of this info for next season. Second, you will receive only a quarter of the value of the pelt when you do sell in the round. Look into some fur handling DVD's, this will guide you toward finishing your own fur and getting top dollar for your efforts. There is 8 months until trapping gets rolling again, the more you learn through instruction given not only by books and videos but also some great trappers on this site, the more success you will see next fall. Good Luck!! :D

Wow TR :shock: Maybe you should be a PR instead of a TR! Great directional post. :wink:

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2013, 16:50 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Swamp Rat wrote:
trapperrick wrote:

Wow TR :shock: Maybe you should be a PR instead of a TR! Great directional post. :wink:

Thanks for info, I guess this is where I reply, seem to be a great site.