Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 10:02

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2013, 21:46 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

A friend forwarded me this coyote hunting video. He's in contact with a lot of people through the guard. I know nothing about these guys other that they look to be hunting a river bottom of one of my state's West River (west of the Missouri) rivers. These rivers flow west to east, dumping into the Missouri whereas East River rivers follow north to south (East River was glaciated, West River was not). The West River rivers (north to south) are the Grand, the Monerau, the Cheyenne, the Bad, and the White.

Anyway, some interesting video. I could have done with out the slow mo "instant replay" and I don't know how far out these shots are (what looks fairly far away might be actually closer than a person thinks because of the video camera). I've never seen a yote stand as still as long as the first one "filmed". Then again, there are some remote areas West River and these coyotes may not have seen many people or heard many varmint calling. I questioned the idea of shooting critters across a river but I guess they had confidence in the ice quality. Anyway, check it out if you want (runs 9 1/2 minutes long).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r77N33Ls ... ata_player

Genesis 1:26

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2013, 23:15 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

NonPC, I for one enjoyed the video very much! How do the shooters know who is shooting which coyote to keep from having an overkill? Mighty good shooting (to me) as those coyotes shifted into high gear. Post all those you want, keeps me from having to look them up on youtube.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2013, 18:34 
Trapper
Trapper

Great video, Thanks for posting PC!!! Its also pretty cool to see this in our own state!!! :)