Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 20 Oct 2017, 09:29

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2013, 14:21 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

A friend of mine told me about something that happened at Walmart last Friday night. :roll:

She said she went there to buy ammo. When she arrived in the sports department there were several men pacing the floor, saying they'd been there, waiting to be helped, for nearly twenty minutes. One guy said he'd already gone up front and requested someone be paged to assist in sporting goods. :x

So my friend patiently joined them in their wait. Ten minutes go by and still no one there to wait on them.
My friend said she then went and found someone to call over the intercom for assistance in sporting goods, then went back to wait for the arrival of a walmart employee. By then there were more people waiting for assistance, grumbling and complaining. Staring at the near empty ammo case. :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

My friend, having the ability to whistle in a deafening volume, whistled several times, then hollered the request that someone please be sent to the sporting goods dept. :mrgreen: The only response she got was from voices in the distance telling her to shut up. :evil: :evil: And some of the waiting customers faded into near isles :oops: :oops: as to not be associated with my "crazy" friend, while some other customers giving her the thumbs up. ;--)

She then again went to the front of the store and requested at customer service for someone to come to the sporting goods dept. telling them about how many people were waiting and how long some of them had been waiting over 30 min., and headed back through the store to wait with fellow ammo buyers who were still being ignored by any and all store employees. :evil: :evil:

Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on what side of the fence your on.... the path my friend took was through the house wears department, specifically the pots and pans section.
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: Picking out two very large aluminum fry pans she headed back to the sporting goods dept. sat the fry pans on the counter, and waited a few minutes more before with devilish delight she began banging the two fry pans together as loud and as fast as she could. Large aluminum frying pans are very loud when banged as hard as possible, or so says my friend. 8) The banging went on for a little over a minute, which I'm sure seemed much longer to most.

The first response was from some of the indignant women around who proceeded to yell at her. My friend just banged the fry pans together louder and faster, telling them she was sorry but she couldn't hear them, resulting in getting flipped off by two of the women who she laughed at in delight.

The men bystanders, had no comment :shock: , probably knowing better than to mouth off at what appeared to be a 5' 10", crazy woman with TWO frying pans. :lol: Again some of the customers who weren't standing there with mouths agape, made their escape into near isles or pretended to be busy looking at what ever was on the shelves :P . Totally disassociating themselves from the crazy woman with the frying pans. I mean really, can you blame them? :mrgreen:

After a few more seconds of extremely loud and fast banging of fry pans,which was so ear piercing, managers came running from two directions. One small woman manager who was definitely in the red zone demanded my friend stop that !!! And another older male manager from the other direction who seemed to be trying to hide a smile.

" A ha ! my friend said. Finally after over 35 minutes and several nice requests we have someone come to the sporting goods department" :!: . She lay the pans on the counter and waited to see what happened next. Smiling the whole while. Much to the peed off managers angst !

The employee who had the key to the register and the ammo case had to be searched for and was found. The case was open and several people got what ammo was left.

My friend paid for her box of 45 ammo for her 45 Desert Eagle first, cause that's how it ought to have gone down, and turned around to exit out of the garden dept where she usually parks her car near there. When only a few isles from the sporting goods dept. a local police officer, with hand on gun, not knowing who he was looking for, and obviously in the red zone, ran past her on his way to the sporting goods dept. She "briskly" walked out of the store, got in her car and left in the nick of time.

Im not sure what the charges might have been if she had been detained or arrested. Disturbing the peace is probably all, as she didn't threaten anyone or harm anyone but actually appeared to be having a grand time of it all. :--D The people buying their ammo seem pleased with the whole situation of having benefited from someone who decided not to stand there like a cow in the feed lot, and take it anymore.

I think I'll carry a whistle in my purse for just such occasions.

Trickle down tyranny only happens when no one speaks up and takes action against it.
Even these walmart employess were engaging in small scale tyranny of not being of help, when they could be, and taking delight of the situation of people waiting, its all about the attitude.
Give people with no power, a little bit of power and this is the sort of thing that happens every day.
My friend's opinion, and I agree. :!: :!: :!: :!: "If I want BS I'll go stand behind a bull."

FREEDOM~LIBERTY

Last edited by Musselshellgal on 13 Jan 2013, 23:26, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2013, 18:29 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

Awesome !! That lady wouldn't by chance be related to Trappintime would she ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

"Take ye heed,watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2013, 18:50 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Had the same thought Doc, wonder why

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2013, 18:59 
POST-JACKING AND PIXEL SIZE CZAR (P.J.A.P.S.C.)

I'm in love. :D

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2013, 19:38 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Well I felt the story should be told. It's a good one. :mrgreen:

I wasn't sure if it would be well received, as often actions like these can offend and alienate .

So I apologize for saying a friend did it, it was me. :mrgreen: I was hoping the rolling eyes in my opening sentence might have given a hint that it was I.
You know that little voice that tells you not to do something? It was what told me to pick up the frying pans. haha.

If even one person here, had said they appreciated the effort, then that would have been enough for me. And here, as I hoped, several people have appreciated what happened.
My apology for being so chickenp**p and not taking credit for it myself from the get go. I guess it was fear of being blackballed from the site as being too extreme, which has happened to me in the past. thanks guys.

It was fantastically hilariously funner than all get out. I'd do it again in a second. I have a warped sense of humor I guess, sounds like some of you do too. I wish someone there would have filmed it and put it on utube so you could have appreciate it even more.
Im sure quite a few people started their evening conversations with "wow you won't believe what some crazy woman did at walmart this evening." hahahahahahaha
Sounds like Trappintime knows someone who I might get along with just fine ! She and I could go buy ammo together !

FREEDOM~LIBERTY

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2013, 20:18 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

No apology needed here. Great story. We ...... well some of us anyway..... love people who defy "authority " .

Just don't go on an ammo buy with Trappintime......... the ram pasture doesn't allow ladies. :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2013, 22:31 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Great story!! Did the Wally World people say why they never showed up when asked nice?? Was it because they just could?? A FL or MT Wal-Mart??

Genesis 1:26

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2013, 23:26 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

No explanation was offered as to why we customers were left waiting for over 30 minutes. I think the managers just wanted it to be over with so maybe no one else would get a clue as to how to get waited on when being ignored and I just wanted to get my ammo and leave.
Fla? Mt? Ny? they're all the same as far as Im concerned. There is so much business at gun shops that it's near impossible to find ammo. I usually buy hollow points but last time I found them they were over 24$ for 12. The last available box of 45s at wallyworld where I was. were target rounds, Im pretty sure they'll poke a nice hole if necessary.

FREEDOM~LIBERTY

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2013, 10:38 

Wallyworld and facebook are one and the same as far as I'm concerned. You can throw all the box stores in the same pile too. I'll spend more at a ma and pop shop just because it's my money and I get to decided who gets it.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2017, 13:53 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

After being ignored for half an hour.....

Some of you read this way back in 2012....

I was recently telling a friend about this so I thought I'd bring it forward once more for those who aren't familiar with me, or my intolerance of trickle down tyranny. and just down right aholes in general. Of which I've been accused of being many a time. lol And depending on the situation, take much pride in the fact.

In 2012 I hadn't been a member of WAT very long and have a history of being kicked off sites cause of my attitude... NAWWWWW ! LOL

So I blamed the whole thing on a nonexistant friend... who was actually me. Turns out i have some kindred spirits there on WAT which is why I love the site so much.

I found that speaking up against even local tyranny is necessary. The more you let people get away with their abusive tyranical bs, the more victims they will take advantage of. Get mouthy, put them in their place. Embarrass them. shame them. You come upon a checker at a store who is rude? I let the whole store know it. So far I haven't been arrested and get much satisfaction in putting rude people in their place.

FREEDOM~LIBERTY

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2017, 19:12 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

Keep it up MSG !! I've always been the kind of guy to sit back and ignore idiots, got better ways to use my energy, but I'm starting to believe that you are entirely right. The problem is , you just can't fix stupid.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2017, 00:17 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Still funny 4 years later!!!

Unfortunately, if it would have been recorded, so one would have believed it wasn't staged. It still be funny to watch.

MSG, you should write a book about some of the interesting aspects of your life. Maybe they'd even make a movie about you, name changed to protect the (not so???) innocent...

Genesis 1:26

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2017, 08:15 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

My first thought was that it was Trappintime in drag! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2017, 19:02 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Swamp Rat wrote:

I could go with that Swamp.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2017, 20:05 

wolf1199 wrote:
Swamp Rat wrote:

I could go with that Swamp.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2017, 21:55 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Ive tried to google or youtube it in case someone did somehow post it..but no luck.
What i didnt mention was I had my eight year old grand daughter with me.
LIFE LESSONS by MIMA. !!! Lol

FREEDOM~LIBERTY