Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 05:11

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Looking for Work
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2012, 17:27 
Trapper
Trapper

Hello,
My name is Andrew and I am currently a senior at Culver Military Academy in Indiana. I am looking for work for the next summer (2013) before I begin college in the fall. I am looking to spend my summer doing something exciting and unusual before I began the next phase of my education. I have always wanted to travel to and experience Alaska. I am looking for an opportunity to work for my keep in Alaska. I have hunted and trapped for years now, and I can handle a firearm as well as care for and maintain traps. I am good with my hands and have experience in carpentry and woodworking. I know some about electrical and plumbing systems as well. I am a quick learner and a hard worker, and I am not afraid to learn new shills or get my hands dirty. I am not looking to be paid- rather, I hope to work in exchange for room and board. I am available from June until September. I would, of course, cover all transportation costs to and from your location, as well as pay for all of my gear.

I can send a resume to anyone interested, and I would be happy to provide references upon request.

Please let me know if you would be able to facilitate such an opportunity. I feel as though such an arrangement could greatly benefit both parties involved.

Please email me at kilboua@culver.org if interested

Post subject: Re: Looking for Work
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2012, 23:30 
Trapper
Trapper

If I was you, I'd google "alaska trappers forum" and see what comes up and post there. (also, "Alaska Hunting and Fishing forum")

The Alaska forum here hasn't been active since Spring.

There are quite a few Alaskans on T-man, and Greybeards and the Swamp that might be able to point you in the right direction.

The 10 Commandments are not suggestions.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2013, 23:36 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Hi, check this site out.

http://www.backdoorjobs.com/adventure.html

FREEDOM~LIBERTY

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2013, 10:16 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

i e-mailed you and if you want more info please contact me but i was working remote alaska for the last 5 years and would be willing to give you a couple directions to head in for some great oppertunities. SC