Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 12:28

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Want to buy wolf jaws.
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2012, 20:22 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

I see some of you now have a season for trapping wolves. If any of you want to sell the lower jaws, I would like to buy them to make knives. If it is legal for you to sell them, please send me a PM. I paid $ 20 for the last set I bought.

Or, if you can't legally sell them, we could make a deal that I would make you a knife out of one jaw in exchange for the other jaw. Most of you have probably seen pics of the knives I have made, but I can post more pics if you want. Thanks . Doc.

"Take ye heed,watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2012, 20:27 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

doc9013 wrote:
I see some of you now have a season for trapping wolves. If any of you want to sell the lower jaws, I would like to buy them to make knives. If it is legal for you to sell them, please send me a PM. I paid $ 20 for the last set I bought.

Or, if you can't legally sell them, we could make a deal that I would make you a knife out of one jaw in exchange for the other jaw. Most of you have probably seen pics of the knives I have made, but I can post more pics if you want. Thanks . Doc.

Or (drum roll) you could just send Doc a set or two and let him pay the postage. You could just pack them in salt and he'd clean them when they arrived. AND if you receive one of his jawbone knives you will pleased that you sent the jaws to him.
Doc I hinted around with Wolf for two weeks but he wouldn't even talk to me about sending you any wolf jaw bones....seems he is gun shy of the border guards! :?

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2012, 20:30 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Wow doc really cool.
After the 1st skull, you will be my man.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2012, 16:21 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

pipepusher wrote:
Wow doc really cool.
After the 1st skull, you will be my man.

sounds good. Here's a pic of some knives I've made :

Top 4 are bear jaws, bottom 2 yote jaws.

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2012, 17:36 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

how about a muskrat jaw........ :) :--) :--) :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2012, 22:49 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Are any of those knives for sale?

Badgers--11
Mink--8
Rats--257
grinners--39
beaver--12

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2012, 00:49 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

bronco2 wrote:
how about a muskrat jaw........ :) :--) :--) :mrgreen:

Probly have to use a pocket-knife blade, but I could do it.

Fish, all those knives are already gone, but I have more. If you are interested, I'll post a pic of them.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2012, 17:03 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

Here's some I have now. Top to bottom:
1. wolf jaw/stainless steel blade
2. deer antler/ old butcher knife blade
3. deer antler/ stainless blade
4. deer antler/ stainless blade
5. bear jaw/ blade ground from an old rasp
6. yote jaw/ stainless blade
6. yote jaw/ stainless blade

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2012, 18:29 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

what do you have for a price tag on those if you dont mind me asking?

Badgers--11
Mink--8
Rats--257
grinners--39
beaver--12

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2012, 19:32 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

Fish94 wrote:

The wolf jaw might already be sold, won't know for sure till after Christmas. The bear jaw knife is $45, and all the others are $35 each. Thanks.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2012, 19:44 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

doc9013 wrote:
Fish94 wrote:

The wolf jaw might already be sold, won't know for sure till after Christmas. The bear jaw knife is $45, and all the others are $35 each. Thanks.

:shock: Far too cheap Doc....but they are yours to do with what you may. You are offering almost that much for a wolf skull. I doubt anyone will find knives quite as unique as the ones you make. I certainly wouldn't take that little for any that you have given me. :wink:

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2012, 22:47 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

Swamp Rat wrote:
doc9013 wrote:
Fish94 wrote:

:shock: Far too cheap Doc....but they are yours to do with what you may. You are offering almost that much for a wolf skull. I doubt anyone will find knives quite as unique as the ones you make. I certainly wouldn't take that little for any that you have given me. :wink:

Yes I know Swamp. But you know how it is. People say how beautiful they are and how much they want one...... but they don't have enough money.

Then they go buy a $50 carton of cigarettes, or a $45 bottle of liquor, or $100 worth of traps. :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2012, 08:33 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

doc9013 wrote:
Swamp Rat wrote:
doc9013 wrote:
Fish94 wrote:

Yes I know Swamp. But you know how it is. People say how beautiful they are and how much they want one...... but they don't have enough money.

Then they go buy a $50 carton of cigarettes, or a $45 bottle of liquor, or $100 worth of traps. :roll: :roll:

True enough Doc and so you have to rely on timing....not long after they have consumed a fair portion of the $45 bottle of liquor, you show them the knives and if my memory serves me correctly, after about a 1/2 bottle of good hooch a Redneck will spend money they don't even have, especially if there are others there for them to impress. :wink: So---hang around the liquor store and let all the Good Ol' Boys know none of them can afford your knives....let them liquor up....the rest is history! :roll: :lol: :lol: 8|-

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2012, 16:56 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

Swamp Rat wrote:
doc9013 wrote:
Swamp Rat wrote:
doc9013 wrote:
Fish94 wrote:

True enough Doc and so you have to rely on timing....not long after they have consumed a fair portion of the $45 bottle of liquor, you show them the knives and if my memory serves me correctly, after about a 1/2 bottle of good hooch a Redneck will spend money they don't even have, especially if there are others there for them to impress. :wink: So---hang around the liquor store and let all the Good Ol' Boys know none of them can afford your knives....let them liquor up....the rest is history! :roll: :lol: :lol: 8|-

Can't do that Swamp. If I hung out around the liquor store, I'd probly get liquored up and give the dang knives away ! :shock: :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2012, 17:33 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

doc9013 wrote:
Swamp Rat wrote:
doc9013 wrote:
Swamp Rat wrote:
doc9013 wrote:
Fish94 wrote:

Can't do that Swamp. If I hung out around the liquor store, I'd probly get liquored up and give the dang knives away ! :shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: A man needs to know his limits! :lol: :lol: :lol: