Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 22 Oct 2017, 12:30

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2010, 10:43 
Trapper
Trapper

I am looking for these books, in far condition, all pages, not torn or falling apart, if you have any and would not mind parting with them send me a pm or comment with what you would want for them, i will pay a far price for them, i just dont want to buy new , trying to save a little , thanks......mule

1. "Hoof beats of a Wolfer, the O'Gorman style of coyote trapping

2. bill ilchik s book "wild west bobcat trapping"

3. Dynamite Bobcat trapping and snaring by Tom krause

4. Variations of the flat set by Charles Dobbins

5. The dirt hole and it's Variations by Charles Dobbins

6.Evaluation of Lures, Baits , and Urines by Charles Dobbins

7. The Great Teachers, by Charles Dobbins

"I profess Christianity the Bible way, therefore i pray for guidance and help on my trapline. But God expects us to do as much as we can, like finding the set locations and making a workable set. having everything done that is as far as we can go. Just like the farmer he sows the seed, but God gives the increase."
Quote from : Mel Hershberger.
One of the worlds greatest cat trappers and one of my hero's

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2010, 08:20 
THE IDAHO TRAPPIN' MACHINE

mule I will bring you bills wild west bobcats to the nv rondevou....
LONE

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2010, 17:51 
Trapper
Trapper

how much $ for it :?: thanks.......mule

"I profess Christianity the Bible way, therefore i pray for guidance and help on my trapline. But God expects us to do as much as we can, like finding the set locations and making a workable set. having everything done that is as far as we can go. Just like the farmer he sows the seed, but God gives the increase."

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2010, 18:42 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Kinda off topic and hijacking here but Ive wondered quite a bit lately about having a "Traveling Library" for lack of a better term where we mail trapping books to those interested and they pass them along after they read them to others and so on and so forth? Any interest in that you think? We've done it a few times with "normal" books. Media mail isnt too high for several standard size books at one time, around $3.50. Ive got some trapping books but mainly canine and the more populated furbearers.

Archery/Youth Deer Camp 2011- Everyone else in the group/camp-1 hen turkey, 1 coyote, 3 squirrel's, 1 groundhog, 1 single horn spike, 2 does, 1 button buck and 8 miss's. Youth gun deer season 2 adult does-2 doe fawns. Me-0-goose eggs-nada

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2010, 15:25 

brand new is 34.95.....and it will make you a better cat trapper.......and no I aint giving up my used copy.
LONE

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2010, 18:24 
Trapper
Trapper

No thanks Lone, i can buy that book and have it delivered to the utah convention for $29.99. from Nathan Montg. or buy it from minnesota trap guys for $30. i was going to bring you those drags i still have and say plus $5 dollars and see if you would trade for it, but i cant afford it at that price.

backwoodman, i think that would be a good idea, :idea: :)

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2010, 22:27 
Trapper
Trapper

maybe i did not make myself very clear in my post heading and in my first post, i am looking for USED BOOKS ! NOT NEW i am trying to save a little money........ thanks all..... mule

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2010, 07:52 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

muleskinner wrote:
maybe i did not make myself very clear in my post heading and in my first post, i am looking for USED BOOKS ! NOT NEW i am trying to save a little money........ thanks all..... mule

Come on Muleskinner, get LONE to bring the book, tell him you'd like to "look it over" and then read as much of it as you can over the weekend, then tell LONE it isn't what you were looking for. Plus, then it will be a "used book" and you can ask him to come down on the price. :wink:

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2010, 10:20 

Not a problem, I order my books straight from Bill and that is what he says to charge.....as for you Swamp I know better then to let you look at a book.....
gotta go to a convention so yall have a good weekend.
LONE

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2010, 10:59 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

:shock: Whaaaaattt??? :? :roll: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2010, 12:29 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Thats sly Swamp, were you a horse trader or Yugo salesman at one time?, lol. Have fun at the convention Lone. Hope we make one this year. Swamp you following the book loaning idea? Should we make a new topic thingy so we can figure out particulars or ?...

Archery/Youth Deer Camp 2011- Everyone else in the group/camp-1 hen turkey, 1 coyote, 3 squirrel's, 1 groundhog, 1 single horn spike, 2 does, 1 button buck and 8 miss's. Youth gun deer season 2 adult does-2 doe fawns. Me-0-goose eggs-nada

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2010, 12:37 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

backwoodsman wrote:
Thats sly Swamp, were you a horse trader or Yugo salesman at one time?, lol. Have fun at the convention Lone. Hope we make one this year. Swamp you following the book loaning idea? Should we make a new topic thingy so we can figure out particulars or ?...

BWM, it wouldn't hurt to "stoke the fire", seems it got lost in the shuffle somewhere along the line. I know I sent out several, may have a couple more before long. Bad thing is I have been getting some very good ones and don't want to part with them! :lol: But yeah, I think sending books around that are just collecting dust and aren't "ever" looked at, is a great idea. They can be shipped at MEDIA RATE, which is cheap and a little slower or 1st Class which is a few cents more and a couple days faster. Maybe if you make another thread you can just get folks to put their name in the hat and then Redrooster or I can move them into one section so we can see who want some reading materials and who might want to share some they have sitting around. Let's just ask for mailing addresses via PMs.

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2010, 13:09 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

A YUGO SALESMAN<<EEEWWWWW,,,,,,,i'd rather be a ,,,,,,well,something,,anything,,,no yugos,,,,,[although they are fun to blow up] :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2010, 00:03 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Sounds like a good plan to me Swamp.