Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 17 Dec 2017, 10:45

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2009, 09:20 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

I wanted to start a thread on " Good Feed Back" in the Trading post, just to let others know who you had a good trade or deal with. I figured it would help the newer members feel alittle better about gettin into deals if they could see that others had good deals with that person. Please post who ever you had a good deal with, and any deals that didn't go so good lets deal with them on PM's, I don't think it does us any favours to air it on the open forum. So post away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Aug 2009, 09:25 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

I will start the ball rollin, I had a great trade with Trapper Steve, Y P Legand, Trappintime, Doc (still owe him one), Lonegunman and even old SwampRat. I will keep thinkin cause I am shure I forgot some people. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Aug 2009, 10:31 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

I think you have a good idea here fuzz. The folks I have had good dealings with (& I hope I haven't left anyone out) are:

mtwildman
ClayBuster
fuzz
TrapperChris
Doc
PaGrouseGuy
MOD3006
BigMoo
Mohawk
Chieftain
Lone Gunman
YP_Legend
redrooster
jase
Utahtrapper

If I have overlooked any of you, send me a PM and I will update this good trader info.

Last edited by Swamp Rat on 17 Aug 2009, 11:03, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Aug 2009, 14:07 
I first think the Santa program should be left out of this thread. The way that was explained to me is that you send the fruits of your labor or someone elses expecting nothing in return (doesn't always turn out that way, I have gotten things back) and the recipient does for someone else. I believe everyone is supposed to get blessed that way. I also think that if someone gets a good deal it is posted. If they get burnt they should also mention that. Getting too much into advertising is going to hurt other members who are trying to get a little piece of the pie through their specialty. Maybe I say too much but that is just me.

The only deal I have made has not been completed yet but I have no worries about it. I hope my trading partner becomes more active on the forum because after seeing a picture of the many different animals he trapped last year I am sure an old sage like him can help a Wannabe like me to catch more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Aug 2009, 18:12 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

You may be correct about leaving the "Santa Program" listings out of these good rating lists, but some times there are sales/barters that follow up with a sort of "Santa" exchange, so it would be hard to list none of them. I think fuzz is just attempting to let some on the Forum who haven't traded or bought from others know who they can feel safe with. The ones I have listed thus far are all exceptional folks to deal with---Santa or commercial...I have done some of both with all of them. So I would suggest that if any other members have had good "dealings" with folks on this Forum, please feel free to make posts about them. I think if we have something negative, it would be best handled in a more private way thru the use of PMs. A warning or caution PM to a potential buyer or trader might save one or both parties some grief. I don't think fuzz meant this to be a postings of BAD THINGS, but more one of GOOD THINGS. Also, the ones I have listed are no where near all that have been on the Santa Exchange Program for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Aug 2009, 19:32 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

To Swamp Rat's list I would add Scoop and Sagerat as excellent to deal with. Seems like I'm forgetting someone else, so when my brain uncorks I'll post them too.

"Take ye heed,watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2009, 10:46 
POST-JACKING AND PIXEL SIZE CZAR (P.J.A.P.S.C.)
POST-JACKING AND PIXEL SIZE CZAR (P.J.A.P.S.C.)

My name doesn't belong on list at all as I trade with no one and if I do you won't need a thread like this as I will let you know one way or the other how it went. If I ever send something to anyone it will be because I want to and I expect nothing in return. I can see where good/bad feedback might be a good thing I can also see where it might start a few bad feelings so I am sitting on the fence yet :shock: Seems that when money or perception of value is part of the equation that problems arise so I try to stay away from that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2009, 11:09 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

trappintime wrote:
My name doesn't belong on list at all as I trade with no one and if I do you won't need a thread like this as I will let you know one way or the other how it went. If I ever send something to anyone it will be because I want to and I expect nothing in return. I can see where good/bad feedback might be a good thing I can also see where it might start a few bad feelings so I am sitting on the fence yet :shock: Seems that when money or perception of value is part of the equation that problems arise so I try to stay away from that.

Okay, I have removed Trappintime from my list of good folks to deal with (buy-sale-trade) as per his request, if any one else wants me to remove their name from those listed, feel free to let me know. :wink:

I hope fuzz's attempt to let others know who is known to be fair to deal with doesn't offend some on the Forum. He is not and will not be posting those who have faulted on dealings. Those names can be obtained from members via PMs or emails. So far, I know I have had good dealings with lots of good folks on this site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2009, 21:19 
THE GRINNER WHISPERER
THE GRINNER WHISPERER

I have only had dealings with a couple of people on here, Swamp, Lone and one other. Needless to say I am very pleased with Swamp and Lone ( and Kelly :lol: :wink: ), the other got banned by way of pm's and administrative action. :twisted: I would hate to see someone get smeared on WAT over a simple disagreement, I think if there is a problem that TrapperKD will be a fair judge. Trappintime said it all when he said "when money or perception of value is part of the equation that problems arise".

Last edited by Mohawk on 18 Aug 2009, 20:27, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Aug 2009, 19:16 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

Peace Keeper posted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i posted this on here rather than pming lone because i wanted you all to know what great service i received from lone and his wife . i just landed a bid on a job. and was a little short handed on the traps i needed to do the job i called up on a sunday and lones wife answered cordualy took my order in the process of entertainig company.then lone pmed me early monday morning to let me know the traps were on the way.excellent rapid service thanks again lone and make sure and rethank your wife traps were on my door step today

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Aug 2009, 19:49 
THE IDAHO TRAPPIN' MACHINE
THE IDAHO TRAPPIN' MACHINE

I have dealt with alot of you guys and it is all appriciated, Swamp, doc, fuzz, utah and family, there are lots of you out there and we really appriciate everything you have done to help our business grow over the last yr.
So from now on we will put up possitive info on anyone that we deal with.
thanks
Peace Keeper was plesent workin with ya.....
also was nice meeting YP in Mccall wish I would have had more time to shoot the stuff with him but we were pretty busy.....and yes he came in his best tie and vest...wish I could have gotten a pic.....
thanks guys
LONE and Family

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2009, 17:09 
Just received the beaver castors I bought from HuntingMaxima. Packed well and in good condition. Weight was right and no problems. Great person to deal with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Aug 2009, 09:13 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

I have had limited experiences trading so far, so I have no new names to add to the list, but fuzz it a great person to trade with and he makes a quality product !! If you need stretcherboards and prefer hand made to commercial. Give him a pm. !!!! TS

1 thought on the value part of trading, it's a trade not a sale. You know what you want for your trade and you should make that clear !! If you don't specify then your need to have open communication and an open mind that what you have might not be worth that much( or maybe more) to the person your trading with. It's up to you to know the value of the things being traded !! In the end if you don't like the deal you can always untrade or have an agreement to alter the trade accordingly. If you try to be fair then there should not be any problems!!

40 rats
7 coon
2 feral cats

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Aug 2009, 16:59 
Trapper
Trapper

Had a great dealing with MTWILDMAN, take my word he CAN be trusted. His word is good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2009, 15:17 
THE GRINNER WHISPERER
THE GRINNER WHISPERER

I had a great time dealing with ski3879: Got a sweet #220 that is well rusted and ready to be dyed and put to good use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2009, 21:45 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

i can agree with ya there Mohawk. Ski's a good dude to deal with. infact ill see him this weekend lol me and him had good dealings back and forth for about the last year now.

Duck-
Regular goose-

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2009, 21:29 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Here is my 2 thumbs up list. I hav'nt had a bad experience here yet. Thanks again guys.

Lone
fuzz
Swamprat
MtWildman
Bill

PS. Christy took a pic of me in the vest & tie at the Trappers Convention Lone. I'll post it over in Mugshots.

YP

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2009, 19:03 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

I just completed a trade with Trapn4fun and he was a 100% positive to deal with!

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2010, 21:55 
Trapper
Trapper

my current trust list-

Lone- 30 magazines
Fuzz- 2 squirrel stretchers to copy

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2010, 05:28 
PROFESSIONAL (MOUSE) TRAPPER
PROFESSIONAL (MOUSE) TRAPPER

I bought some dvd's from hoffy. They were sent out right away after PayPal payment was sent. They arrived quickly and as advertised. I give this seller 5 stars. Oh, wait, this isn't ebay..... :P

2013/14
red fox 3
gray fox 2
coon 3
muskrat 25
mink 1

Hunting
130 lb 4pt buck - Mathews Z7, Grim Reaper 100 gr. at 6 yards.
17 lb tom turkey - Remington Express 20 ga #4 at 10 yards.

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2010, 19:21 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Guy´s do not let the name horrobusiness scare you off !
Honest guy.

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2010, 20:39 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

doc is gtting my "Good Feed Back Performance check"

PostPosted: 20 May 2010, 23:34 
i give really good marks to jase

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2010, 06:25 
THE GRINNER WHISPERER
THE GRINNER WHISPERER

Littlewolf is great to deal with. I have made several trades with him over the past couple weeks and had a great time doing it.

The second amendment is in place in case the others are ignored.

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2010, 09:45 
i've said it in main forums also but i'll say it here too. ive traded with some great people here and here's the list
swamp
jase
UT
mav
trappingaddiction
dm32
lowboy
fuzz269
and
mohawk
kcmendy
everybody is glad to have both sides of the trade happy and bent for leather to get things that way. shipping and mailing is always promt and items have always been recived as good if not maybe a lil better than advertised.
i've had a great time trading with these guys and look forward to future trades.

Last edited by Littlewolf on 31 Aug 2010, 17:40, edited 2 times in total.