Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 14 Dec 2017, 17:56

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2008, 19:49 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

Hello everyone. I would like to buy a raw mountain lion skull or trade for one for my daughter's skull collection. I don't know of any states that ban the sale or trade of lion skulls, but check your state laws before replying, I don't want to break any laws.

I will buy it or if you want to trade I have some wire fur stretchers I can trade, various sizes. Thanks, Kevan.

"Take ye heed,watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is".

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2008, 22:43 
CANADIAN SASQUATCH
CANADIAN SASQUATCH

Have you checked ebay? I think you're going to have a hard time coming up with one of these though. You know what I think. I think this is a good reason to convense your wife to let you go on a African safari.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God. -Matthew 5:9

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2008, 20:16 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

Yes those African lion skulls are way out of my price range. I'm actually looking for an American mountain lion skull, sorry I didn't make it clear in my post.

Rev. 6:8 and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was death , and Hell followed with him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2008, 23:40 
CANADIAN SASQUATCH
CANADIAN SASQUATCH

Ahhh now that's another story. My uncle goes out west to hunt a few times each year. I'll have him try and hunt one down for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2008, 06:46 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

Kevan, try this...run a post and list the types of skulls she already has in her collection and then see if any one out here has some they may help her with on her "wish list".

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2008, 08:27 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

That's a good idea Swamp Rat. She has almost everything that is native to W.V : Bobcat, turkey,red fox, otter, coon,snapping turtle,groundhog,mink,fox and gray squirrel,rabbit,eel,chipmunk,grouse, bear. she also has several species of birds and fish: bass, canada goose, ringneck duck, starling. I have also gotten arctic fox, ringtail cat, lynx, marten, weasel, badger, ringneck pheasant, and sharptail grouse from other people .

She still needs a mountain lion, armadillo, alligator, fisher, prairie dog, etc. also, any birds, snakes or turtles that are not native to W.V.

I forgot to say that the skulls don't need to be cleaned, I do that myself. I also don't want anyone to do anything illegal- every state has different laws about different species, and I don't know the laws of every state so don't get yourself in trouble. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2008, 21:16 
CANADIAN SASQUATCH
CANADIAN SASQUATCH

I'm sure Swamp can get you plenty of Armadillo skulls, and some folks from out west can get you plenty of prarie dogs. I don't think I've got anything for you unless my uncle brings stuff back from his western outings. Do you need a turkey skull? Hopefully I'll be picking one of those up this saturday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Mar 2008, 10:36 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

Thanks for the offer Preacher, but we have turkey skulls. Your season comes in Sat.? Ours doesn't come in until April 28. Way too late IMO, they are gobbling already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2008, 17:56 
CANADIAN SASQUATCH
CANADIAN SASQUATCH

I put up an add for you on the duck hunting chat forums. I put one up in general discussion and in the taxidermy forum. Hopefully one of them can help you out on the Mountain Lion skull. I may post an add in some of the state forums for you too. If I stumble on anything and they want to sell it how much are you willing to pay?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2008, 12:38 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

Thanks Preacher, I'm not really sure what they are worth. I got a wolverine skull for $20 not long ago, but since most people who kill a mountain lion want to keep the skull, I probably won't get one that cheap. Maybe $40?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2008, 07:04 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

Say Doc, I'd almost forgotten you had requested some help on skulls for your daugther.....I have been keeping up with the other discussion about the beetles and college students. I will be on the lookout for some local animals and let you know if we have anything you might not already have. Unless one of the lions passes away at our local zoo, there should be no lion skulls in this area. I used my abilities as a "snake skinner" to aid me with a passing grade in biology in the 10th grade of high school. Some folks do better with books, some of us with hands on....luckily I had a Teacher who would accept both.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2008, 11:47 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

Thanks Swamp Rat, her collection is growing steadily. The hardest part is getting them clean, takes time and patience, but I enjoy it.

That old picture brings back memories, wish we could have done a snake. We only did worms and frogs. Hope that girl didn't lose her "cookies"!

I "Dissected " a water snake last summer for my daughter. I caught it on a turtle trap in our pond and she wanted to see it's "insides". It had 14 eggs inside.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2008, 09:45 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

i can get as many praire dogs skulls as you wont i picket up three and my buddy got several to that died over the winter and the skulls were already clean i also have a muskrat skull in the freezer also so can get coon, badger, beaver, mink, skunk, red fox, coyote, woodchuck

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Jul 2008, 15:50 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

Hey claybuster, I'm interested in the skulls, especially the prairie dogs, PM me please. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Jul 2008, 16:20 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

my dog just ate to prairie dog skulls you could of had funny how that works

beaver-4
muskrat-3
mink-2

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2008, 20:22 
THE LAST WORD
THE LAST WORD

that's just my luck sksman. :cry: :cry: