Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 07:58

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2014, 15:14 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Ive made this out of alot of meats over the yeara. Today i made it with deer, beaver, squirrel, muskrat an turtle, all small scraps, i cut it all down to marble size(by hand on a cutting board). Ended up being about 4lbs of meat. Added chopped beef suet3/4 lb, which doesnt make it real fat. Mixed all by hand. Chop and dice 3 onions, 3 green peppers, 2red peppers( we love the color and taste). 3 tablespoons garlic powder, optional 4 fresh garlic cloves diced(instead of powder)1 tablespoon Thyme and 1 tablespoon sage. I also like to add 1-2 tablespoons of seasoning salt. Mix all and fry a chunk and adjust to your tastes. Thats our basic one. You can stuff it or make patties, ive even rolled it into thick links. Its not for long term storage unless frozen. The suet spoils fast.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2014, 19:53 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

For supper i rolled link out 4" long and hair under 1" thick. I wrapped each in Saran Wrap and refrigerated. I browned them starting with a little water and as it cooked out and i rotated them i added more. Cut one for done ness and added bacon grease, just enough to cover the bottom. Browned them and drained well. Made stir fry with leftover marinated and smoked turkey and sirloin tips. Sliced the sausage and tossed it with the stir fry at the last minute. Really set the stir fry off.