Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 18 Oct 2017, 22:25

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2013, 06:58 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

This is our supper tonight. I never measure anything so its not real easy to explain. When i know who and how many are coming i figure 2 1/2" wide per average adults and 1" for the kids. I cut tve loin to size. I always freeze loin whole now. I prefer to marinate the whole piece overnight. Next day i wrap bacon around it like lattice work and use toothpicks to hold it on. Preheat or fire your grill up. My grill leans just a hair so the drippings are predictable and i use a little 6" square pan for them. Med-low heat about 4-6" above the fire. Watching closely. A water bottle for little flame ups doesnt hurt. When the bacons done n crispy the loin is medium rare(pink in the middle but clear running liquid). Let it rest for 10-15. Slice in the pre planned portions. The bacon loosely wrapped around the loin is a neat garnishment and tastes awesome. The drippings can be halved and an artery closing gravy can be made for the fried taters, with jackets on of course. I used applewood and cracked black pepper bacon over Thanksgiving weekend in this recipe. It woulda made a vegans mouth water.