Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 19 Nov 2017, 16:46

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2010, 20:21 
Forum not-so-Newbie
Forum not-so-Newbie

Hey guys,
a buddy of mine wants to go winter camping (which we do almost every year). this year he wants me to teach him to trap and i was thinking it would be a good time to combine the two trips. Do any of you know of a good place around that has decent beaver/ fox/ coon/ yote populations and would afford us the ability to winter camp. we camp very primitively, most of the time we hike in and either hammock camp or tent camp, essentially no trace. I look forward to what yall have to say. thanks in advance.

if any of you have a section of private land you dont mind us squatting on for a two or three days that would be terrific as well. we would work something out to make it worth your while.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2010, 21:24 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

what part of the state are u in im in the shenandoah valley i know a couple good places

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2010, 22:41 
Forum not-so-Newbie
Forum not-so-Newbie

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply, i have been busy with work and helping raise my 9 month old son (cant wait to have him as a trapping partner!)

as of now we are looking at the north river area but are not yet married to a specific site. The biggest thing is we would like a place where we can camp roughly in the same general area so we can just hike to the line and back. the perfect place would encompass a good mix of beaver, coon, and fox opportunities. Any help you can provide would be great.

my buddy grew up in the waynesboro area and i just between richmond and williamsburg.