Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 17 Dec 2017, 01:21

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2009, 21:13 
Trapper
Trapper

Folks,
I need some recommendations. The neighbor (an anti) next to the farm I run keeps letting this one nuisance trapper release on his land. They come down to our barns and move in. I have shot four and trapped two. I have two cage traps, three leg holds and two coon cuffs se around the barn, mostly out back, but we have one smart one who stays away from my traps. I have used horse feed (their favorite food), anise, fish oil, Leggett's coon lure and honey and vanilla. Nothing is working for this guy. The only thing I have caught is the bloody barn cats. Can anyone recommend some lures or sets to use. So far the sets I have used for the legholds are dirt hole sets, log sets over the creek. and run sets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2009, 10:37 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

First I'd check to see if its legal for the critters to be dumped there. Ive found sweet lures/baits or minty lures and baits to work good this time of year. Without seeing the area its hard to say where to set, maybe try close to its den etc?

Archery/Youth Deer Camp 2011- Everyone else in the group/camp-1 hen turkey, 1 coyote, 3 squirrel's, 1 groundhog, 1 single horn spike, 2 does, 1 button buck and 8 miss's. Youth gun deer season 2 adult does-2 doe fawns. Me-0-goose eggs-nada

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Jul 2009, 11:36 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

bob , this might help , you said you use a log set over the creek ? try placing a foot hold in shallow water so the water covers the pan then put a crawfish , minniow , tinfoil ect and secure it to the pan . you can use a drowning rig ,or tangle stake if the water is deep enough good luck TS