Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 13:45

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pricing
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2011, 14:56 
Trapper
Trapper

I am playing with the idea of starting a animal removal company and the one ting I am having problems with is how much to charge. How did some of you decide this? Do you charge a flat per animal fee and if so is it different for each critter? Some help would be appriciated. If you want to pm me your rates thats fine to. Thanks

Post subject: Re: Pricing
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2011, 20:11 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

Man, what a subject. Great ? though. IMO depends on your location person and animal, there are people that will pay whatever you ask to remove a mouse and there are people that would rather burn down thier house than give you $20 to remove a squirrel. Best of luck to ya!

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2011, 18:17 
Forum not-so-Newbie
Forum not-so-Newbie

Having worked for a large company in the past. I can tell you that watershedman25 is right on the money(no pun intended). You will find that larger more populated places people will pay 500 bucks for a weeks worth of trapping and other people freak about a $10 squrrel job. The hard part about this Topic i guess is how do you put a price on your profesion. making sure you make a living but also making sure that you can sleep at night and not feel bad about soking gramma outt of 200 bucks to get a skunk out of her garadge. I know its still not what your looking for but i think your the only one that can put the price on what to charge. NATE

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2011, 21:39 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

I look at it like anything people will pay different everywhere you go. I price according to ease of getting to sets making them how many people are around. I usually price jobs in populated areas according to how many sets I put out and if I had to replace all of them then for gas and time. I give a weekly rate and a per animal rate. The price can change simply because how nice the people are. So price what the market will handle don't forget we are a specialty service like plumbers electricians and mechanic's and they get anywhere from 55 to 100 an hour.

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2011, 22:06 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

you can even start out slow to build a good reputation charge a small fee and as time goes on and you get more clients charge a little extra, the best part is when you start be professional charge cheap that will get the word out about you and you will receive phone calls.

PostPosted: 24 May 2011, 08:09 
PROFESSIONAL (MOUSE) TRAPPER
PROFESSIONAL (MOUSE) TRAPPER

In my State the professionals get 550 a week to set up and trap anything. I ususally charge $50 to $75 set up and $35 per animal removed. An example last year I did a beaver job a little out of the way so I also added $10 trap check and checked every 2nd or 3rd day. I removed 8 animals and made about $450 in about 12 days. I am not set up to get rich, just to get a little for helping people with their problems.

2013/14
red fox 3
gray fox 2
coon 3
muskrat 25
mink 1

Hunting
130 lb 4pt buck - Mathews Z7, Grim Reaper 100 gr. at 6 yards.
17 lb tom turkey - Remington Express 20 ga #4 at 10 yards.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2011, 19:18 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

lots of great advice look in the phone book and price check your competitors its a little under handed but give them a story like you have a raccoon living under your house and you are wondering what the cost would be to remove it that will give you some idea of what your competitors are charging.you can still charge substantialy less and still make money most of your competitors will have employees and a large over head that they have to cover in their pricing this is good for you because you can charge less and still come out ok good luck

pepe lepue 3
greys 8
reds
coys3
Johnny sneekum hopefully
beaver 9
bobcat 7
otter 2