Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 18 Oct 2017, 22:34

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Va Nuisance
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010, 11:56 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

I have had some people ask me to trap nuisance animals in town, and I have had to tell them I can't because Im not certified. I have had enough people ask me that Im interested in getting my license, are there any tips, things I need to know before I go for it? Anything like, "Man I wish I would have known this before I got my license", stuff like that.....Thanks

Coon: 31
Yotes: 3
Bobcats:
Rats: 2
Mink: 1
Grinners: 4
Stinkers: 2

Post subject: Re: Va Nuisance
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010, 13:08 
The first thing I would want to know is what does having the license actually mean. What authority does it give you to trap inside the city limits. Some Cities have banned trapping inside the City limits. If you can trap in the city what are the trap restrictions. If some kid messes with your trapped animals before you get to the traps, who is responsible for medical bills etc. What records do you have to keep. Who do you have to report you catches to? How much liability insurance are you required to have (if any). You would probably want to talk to an attorney and learn how to protect your assets from lawsuits. Good luck with your decision

Post subject: Re: Va Nuisance
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2010, 14:01 
Experienced Forum User
Experienced Forum User

tj red rooster hit the nail right on the head first two phone calls i would make are to the state police game warden and your local fish and wildlife get ahold of the local city govts in your area and ask them if they allow nuiscence control in their city some require permits to work within the city limits some just dont care deffinitly talk to an attorney you can make the customer liable for any mishaps while trapping on their premises but that still does not protect you. Inside the city limits i will not use anything other than box traps just think of it as selective trapping the only thing you want in it is your target thats the easy part the hard part is keeping the morons out of it good luck

pepe lepue 3
greys 8
reds
coys3
Johnny sneekum hopefully
beaver 9
bobcat 7
otter 2