Welcome to the Wild-About-Trapping.com Forums

Friends, Family and Outdoor Traditions
It is currently 23 Nov 2017, 17:28

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2012, 20:47 
Forum not-so-Newbie
Forum not-so-Newbie

The Bale set
I have used this set for Fox and Coyotes for along while and it works great for open field trapping I call it the bale set its self baiting for fox and coyote in fact is good for all rodent eaters.
Take 3 to 5 bales of old hay pending on size of field, place a bale in each corner and one in the center of field make a good size flat clear space where bale is to be placed for the grain.
Now put a Qt. of grain in center of clearing and place bale over grain and push rod through bale into ground so bale can't be flipped over now place a trap on two sides of the bale about 6 to 8 inches away from bale and there you go look at one bale per acre of field.
The grain will pull all the field rodents to the grain fox and coyotes come to field to hunt them and hear them under bales the rest is done just replace grain as needs good for all winter.
A great thing about this set is its easy made and can be made by beginners and Pro alike.
My name is WinterHawk and I been a trapper for over 58 years and still on the line I will die setting me traps

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2012, 21:28 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

WELCOME TO WAT !!i am very glad to meet you. and i am glad you shared that info with all of us here. kick back and in joy it here. great place..thanks denny

Last edited by bronco2 on 21 Mar 2012, 21:29, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2012, 21:29 
KING OF THE POSTERS
KING OF THE POSTERS

Welcome to WAT WinterHawk Cote, not many folks read these state threads, you'll get more responses on the Trapline and Campfire threads. Come on out and tell us where you are located and share some info, you'll see the folks on here like to help if they can and all of us are open for new ways of doing things.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2012, 09:21 
Professional Trapper
Professional Trapper

Thank you for stopping in. I hope you share some more of your vast experience. and stay with us.